Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post Giving Windows 10 one more try again.

Well I decided to install windows 10 one more time before the end of this month as the free version expires at the end of July.

So far so good.

I removed an old video card from my Asus Desktop Computer as it was over heating my system and making my computer shut down all the time on it's own. So I thought that Windows 10 and the video card and sound card drivers were having problems the first time I tried to install and use Windows 10 a few months back. But I think that the problem was the video card and not the windows 10 drivers.

My computer is working better now with the new operating system.

The only problem I have is that the new Windows Mail Program and the Windows Office 2013 Outlook mail program are not getting my mail right. I have several email accounts and only one of them is working right now. The others are not working and I get an error message in windows 10 telling me that they are out of date. I'm not sure how to fix that. But I found out that others are having the same problem so hopefully Microsoft will fix it.

Post Thanks / Like
    For something that's been around as long as it has, Windows is just plain awful. I have it at work because someone else paid for it, but I haven't bought a computer with Windows on it or bought Windows itself in more than 10 years. It's buggy and complete overkill. All you need is an Internet connection and a browser. Chromebooks fit the bill for much cheaper and less hassle.

Post Thanks / Like

Question What Operating system do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    For something that's been around as long as it has, Windows is just plain awful. I have it at work because someone else paid for it, but I haven't bought a computer with Windows on it or bought Windows itself in more than 10 years. It's buggy and complete overkill. All you need is an Internet connection and a browser. Chromebooks fit the bill for much cheaper and less hassle.
    If you don't use windows operating system DOS or Windows 1 though 10 then what operating system do you use? Linux? There were other OS out there. I remember a friend of mine getting his first computer and his OS was not from Microsoft.

Now Chrome is an Internet Browser for the computer. But Internet browsers have to have an Computer Operating System on the computer before they can work. Don't all computers have to have a BIOS and and Operating System installed before they can use any other programs or aps.

Even my new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smart-phone has the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow Operating System installed on it before it can use the chrome internet browser.

I started out using a computer that had the Atari operating system on it. An Atari 800 gaming computer which had plastic boxes with the programs on chips inside the small plastic box. The box had a circuit board inside it that poked out of a opening in the box that that contained gold plating strips that made contact inside the computer. If I wanted to use Atari Basic to program the computer I had to buy and install a Atari Basic Box for $50 or so. Then If I wanted to play a game I had to buy and install a different plastic box with a different circuit board and chips on it.

My first IBM compatible computer came with Microsoft DOS on it and I added Microsoft Windows 1 or 3 to it. I remember the salesman asking me why I was buying the Microsoft Windows Program. He has all the DOS commands memorized and was not familiar with the new Windows Operating System. He failed to see the future of computer and lost his job as the company he worked at went out of business. And it was located in a prime spot on Green River Road in Evansville, IN where all the businesses wanted to be. He was working for Highland Superstore. They sold all kinds of stuff including the latest and newest computers. I got a Packard Bell 386SX computer that time for around $3,000 +.

My next computer was a Hewlett Packard that came with Windows 95 on it. I replaced it with a Dell Computer with Windows XP on it as the operating system. I actually thought that Windows XP was pretty good and I used that system for a long time.

I finally replaced the Dell computer with an Asus CG1330 from Best Buy and still use this one today. It came with Windows 7 on it and that was a great operating system for me. Now I've updated it to Windows 10 and none of my Hotmail accounts will sync up with the new Windows 10 Mail Program. I keep getting error messages once an hour telling me that my Hotmail email accounts are out of date with the exception of my one Hotmail account that I linked to the new Windows 10 sign in system.

Microsoft needs to fix their email sync problems before I'll recommend windows 10 to anyone else.

Luckily I have my old emails working on my new smart phone.

IMHO I think that Microsoft did the free Windows 10 and deliberately screwed up the hotmail emails accounts so that they could start renting Outlook 2016 to everyone so that they could continue to get their emails. After giving everyone free email service on their Hotmail server they figured out that they could get us to play to still receive our Hotmail emails. They are not stupid. Now they want to push us into buying their new Office 2016 software which they will lease to you on a monthly basis for just $50 a month or so. Microsoft never gave away a free operating system before so why now? They always charged over $100 for a new operating system. Most of the time I got my new OS when I purchased a new computer.