Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky Lake Report

My Dad has been down there this week and said the fishing was horrible. He went bass fishing knowing it might be slow because of the the heat but can usually count on catching some nice size drum but they weren't even biting. He caught 2 bass in the 4lbs range but that was about it. I believe he was there for 4 days. The water is also down about 2 feet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say it is pretty close to normal pool for this time of year. Summer pool doesnt last that long. From what I've heard, shallow fishing has been fairly good.

Post Thanks / Like

October is the time to bass fish at KY lake

Quote Originally Posted by 70worm View Post
    My Dad has been down there this week and said the fishing was horrible. He went bass fishing knowing it might be slow because of the the heat but can usually count on catching some nice size drum but they weren't even biting. He caught 2 bass in the 4lbs range but that was about it. I believe he was there for 4 days. The water is also down about 2 feet.
    It's too hot right now. We always went down to KY lake about the third week of October and did well. The fish are moving and fattening up for winter at this time of the year and it's cooling off.

Post Thanks / Like
    They should start to transition off the main ledges to the creek channel ledges and into the back of the bays. It's just a really hard time of year to catch fish down there. I think a lot of them are scattered and they are pulling it down from summer pull. If you wait a couple weeks, the better fishing will be back in the bays where there is shad. Try throwing squarebill crankbaits and rattletraps.
    Likes Moveon liked this post