Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mcalpine Lower

Post Thanks / Like

Mcalpine Lower

I Started fishing the river recently and I was hoping that I could find the resident river guru to help identify fish on the sonar. Until i started fishing the river i always fished smaller lakes that lacked most of the rouph fish that are found on the river.

I have done some research on fish signatures by species but the data is very vague. The rouph fish are an obvious screen distraction. I was hoping someone could help me pick out striper and big cats in the mix of rouph fish.

Here are a few pix.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3uk9x82mzc...r%201.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wadd3zj5jf...0%233.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ky7xuqn49l...0%232.jpg?dl=0

Post Thanks / Like
    No expert here but if these pictures were taken recently I would suggest the first two pic's are bighead and silvers. The third pic I would say are cats. How close to the dam or hydro's were you for the first two? Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    No expert here but if these pictures were taken recently I would suggest the first two pic's are bighead and silvers. The third pic I would say are cats. How close to the dam or hydro's were you for the first two? Chuck

Thanks Chuck. They were taken Friday night.

Here is a pic with the locarions

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwhghibkeh...25813.png?dl=0
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We went down this evening but the current was a bit much for us to try to put in. We did get a hybrid at the ramp though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishin i was fishin View Post

Yes I can almost promise you they were bighead and silvers. They stage right above Dutchmans dam. Rivers full of them now and with low water you can spook them up pretty easy. Be careful and good luck. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishin i was fishin View Post

I think I see Chucks boat.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Always something to learn

I would love to have someone show me a thing or two about fishing the lower. River rat let me know if your down to go out. I'll be fishing the tournament this Saturday. New to the site thx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildagrill View Post
    I would love to have someone show me a thing or two about fishing the lower. River rat let me know if your down to go out. I'll be fishing the tournament this Saturday. New to the site thx.
    I've been mixing it up a bit lately and haven't been down there due to the first two pictures LOL. PM me sometime in the next month and we'll hook up. Be glad to show you the area. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    I've been mixing it up a bit lately and haven't been down there due to the first two pictures LOL. PM me sometime in the next month and we'll hook up. Be glad to show you the area. Chuck
    What's up Chuck man I haven't fished in so long I have probably forgot how. St Clair every Spring has ruined me on Kentucky lakes although I did have an awesome Spring on Cumberland. Now all I do is work, sweat, watch it rain..............A LOT...........cut grass, sweat..................watch it rain....................A LOT.............

Miss fishing with ya bro maybe this fall if it EVER cools down we'll chase a toothy critter before the snow. I hope you, the little man and the whole family are well.

Take care
    Likes Tyme2fish, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Chuck is going to have to rent the Belle Of Louisville to hold all the people that want to go fishing with him. He'd be sitting up there in the wheel house on his kitchen chair steering the darn thing up past the lower dam up to the upper!! lol
    Likes riverrat12, mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    What's up Chuck man I haven't fished in so long I have probably forgot how. St Clair every Spring has ruined me on Kentucky lakes although I did have an awesome Spring on Cumberland. Now all I do is work, sweat, watch it rain..............A LOT...........cut grass, sweat..................watch it rain....................A LOT.............

Miss fishing with ya bro maybe this fall if it EVER cools down we'll chase a toothy critter before the snow. I hope you, the little man and the whole family are well.

Take care
    Been wondering where you were at my brother. Glad to here everything other than the grass is good lol. We need to get out for sure. Heck maybe a little sooner than the toothy critter run Give me a call sometime we need to hook up over a cold one anyway.
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Chuck is going to have to rent the Belle Of Louisville to hold all the people that want to go fishing with him. He'd be sitting up there in the wheel house on his kitchen chair steering the darn thing up past the lower dam up to the upper!! lol
    LOL I think I could do it Rob. Think of all the poles we could stick of the side a that bad boy LOL.
    Likes mhall, Tyme2fish liked this post