Search Fishin.com

Thread: hybrids lure

Post Thanks / Like

hybrids lure

ive heard of hybridsand never tryed for them.im hoping to go try tocatch em in jumps this fall.whats some good lures tocast with?thinking of trying on herrington.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rooster tails work pretty well. Also try different types of spoons. Pet spoons seem to be one of my favorites along with kastmasters. Rumor has it hybrids like chicken livers as much as they like shad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    Rooster tails work pretty well. Also try different types of spoons. Pet spoons seem to be one of my favorites along with kastmasters. Rumor has it hybrids like chicken livers as much as they like shad
    Indeed they do (like chicken livers) .... Taylorsville was nearly cleaned out of legal size Hybrids (years ago) when the catfish gang let the cat outta the bag about catching Hybrids on them.

Herrington Lake Hybrid anglers have used Kastmasters & large Rooster Tails for decades to catch Hybrids. I've even known some of them to use two rods at a time ... casting one out & letting the bait sink to the bottom, then cast the other one out, and while the second bait is sinking they pick up the first rod and start reeling it back in.

I've fished for Hybrids at Herrington & Taylorsville ... mostly using a Kastmaster & the Silver Buddy (painted white). All the Hybrids I've caught at Herrington were at night under dock lights, using the Silver Buddy. On Taylorsville, I used both baits casting, and the Silver Buddy trolling. Also trolled a Hot-n-Tot with a marabou jig on a 18" leader with decent success.

Post Thanks / Like
    zara spook jr ookie shad pattern