Search Fishin.com

Thread: Hoarders

Post Thanks / Like

Hoarders

Our hoarder's haunt:
    Items no longer used in our house find their way out to the garage where they will marinate for a few years. They will then be transferred up into the 30 X 30 ft. loft space above the garage.

I ventured into this cavern of clutter today to locate whatever I was looking for. Once up there, I tripped over our collection of tomato cages and assorted pieces of chicken wire. Chicken wire? We've never even owned chickens. I think we got the chicken wire to make up tomato cages. So why then do we have 28 tomato cages?

Enough was enough. I started throwing stuff down onto the garage floor so I could pre-sort items(junk) before I throw stuff out.

One item was a rusted, metal pail shop vac that has been hidden up there for at least 15 years. Out of curiosity I plugged it in to see what would happen. Is smoke supposed to come out of the top?

So far I've filled up 5 big trash cans of junk and will now transfer the tomato cages out to our other shed out back.
    I guess I'll repeat this process out in the back shed in another 15 years.
    Likes Dobe Mejuwa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree. I was all into it during the spring, now I am just wanting it over. Kind of like going for surgery. You pick a date, read all about it online then spend weeks worrying about every possible thing that can go wrong. It gets to a point you just want it over. I wish there was a way we as a people could vote " No confidence" and make the parties give us two more candidates. Hillary makes me sick and out of the 17 Republican candidates we ended up with Trump? I wonder if they will re- install the condom machines in the White House bathrooms if Bill makes his return?
    Likes DJD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was replying to DJD's thread titled " My Experiment " but some how it ended up here, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

I had my attic insulated again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RIBLUEFISH View Post
    I totally agree. I was all into it during the spring, now I am just wanting it over. Kind of like going for surgery. You pick a date, read all about it online then spend weeks worrying about every possible thing that can go wrong. It gets to a point you just want it over. I wish there was a way we as a people could vote " No confidence" and make the parties give us two more candidates. Hillary makes me sick and out of the 17 Republican candidates we ended up with Trump? I wonder if they will re- install the condom machines in the White House bathrooms if Bill makes his return?
    I had a guy crawling around up in my attic to insulate it better. But he moved stuff around and now I have no idea what is where. I hate it when they move **** around and don't put it back there they found it. I fear going up there and not being able to find anything. I built a floor over the floor Joists and he had to insulate under the floor boards which were made out of ply wood. I'm not sure if he removed the plywood off the Joists to insulate under them or just blow new cellulose insulation over the top of the plywood. I don't like climbing up the ladder to the attic these days as I don't trust it anymore. He was a lot lighter weight than I am. I've gained a lot of extra weight over the last 20 years. I'm not very active these days since I had a heart attack several years ago. I had some two by fours up there and I know he moved those around to a new spot. I had them stacked where I could easily get to them from the attic ladder and I'm pretty sure he moved them to where I can't reach them from the attic ladder now. I had the work done for free so I could not really be too demanding on how they did the work.

Post Thanks / Like

I made life simpler

I've moved 5 times in the past 50 years. Each time, I and we wonder how and why we gathered so much junk. but each time the pile got smaller. A polish friend of mine was siting in a bar, a neighbor came running in to tell him his houise was on fire.No problem he said I got enough lumber in the attic to build another one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIBLUEFISH View Post
    Yeah we need a do over on candidates!
    Likes sweetwater liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We've moved 3 times in passed 25 years. Every time we move to new house, need selected new furniture items in dining and or living rooms of new house, old stuff goes to basement. Next move, move all in , more new stuff, old stuff to basement and excess basement stuff to charity like Habitat for Humanity of Goodwill.

Last time move, same scenario, but while in second hand donation store, found this great looking little coffee table. Pretty old and distressed but we thought would work good out doors on the deck.

Took it home and ran some stain on it for outdoors protection. When it dried, took it to the back deck and while sitting it down noted writing under the top as we tipped it into place. It was my SSN.

After wife and I reviewed old family pictures, we noted the coffee table was one we bought at a second hand store during our first move into this area, and had moved once to a new home, then during second move had donated to charity. Now after our third local move, it found its way home.
    Likes Tyme2fish, Moveon liked this post