Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

inline buzzbait

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post

Lastly...look up the Hire Lures BuzzWalker. Justin is here on Fishin.com and makes these. It's an inline buzzbait that you fish in front of your favorite topwater soft plastic. (My go to is the Zoom Horny Toad) These things are killer. It's like a weedless buzzbait in 4-wheel drive that you can fish over the nastiest kind of cover imaginable.
    It kind of sounds like a Hawaiian wiggler, I use to throw those a long long long long time ago ( each long represents a decade) . It went through the thickest cover with out getting hung up. I did a search and could not find HIRE LURES , where could I take a look at them.
    Likes RiverRunt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGhostMan View Post
    I was out fishing at an extremely pressured pond over the weekend and tied on a spook for the first time ever and was able to get some hits. It was my first time "walking the dog" and I was actually able to get it to walk pretty well. From those couple hours fishing it, it instantly became my favorite topwater lure.

#1 Super Spook Jr.
    #2 Black buzzbait

What are your favorite top water lures??
    1) My fav would be a buzzbait. I love the strike, the weather and time of day I like to throw it, the average fish size, get to keep moving and covering water and like I said..... the strike!

2) I will take a Rico about any day as a second fav too water bait.

3) I don't necessarily call flukes top water but I work them fast and they pop out of the water from the way I hook the nose.

4) hornytoads are another one I like to work fast and get some great too water hits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGhostMan View Post
    MrSplitShot

Awesome stuff... A lot of the tackle you mentioned is out of my price range right now, otherwise I'd go out today and pick some of it up. I love topwater!!
    Ah, don't get caught up thinking that the expensive baits necessarily work better than the cheaper ones....the bass don't know the difference....it's the fisherman that does. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    It kind of sounds like a Hawaiian wiggler, I use to throw those a long long long long time ago ( each long represents a decade) . It went through the thickest cover with out getting hung up. I did a search and could not find HIRE LURES , where could I take a look at them.
    Hawaiian Wiggler? I knew a girl like that once. LOL

The only thing Hire Lures has is a Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/hirelures/?fref=ts

Post Thanks / Like
    Cavitron!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff... Always fun to see what people like using.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post

Lastly...look up the Hire Lures BuzzWalker. Justin is here on Fishin.com and makes these. It's an inline buzzbait that you fish in front of your favorite topwater soft plastic. (My go to is the Zoom Horny Toad) These things are killer. It's like a weedless buzzbait in 4-wheel drive that you can fish over the nastiest kind of cover imaginable.
    Thanks for the mention. I know you have caught a lot of fish with the BuzzWalker. Been there when you have and as always awesome net job on the 10 1/2lber I caught on the BuzzWalker I can be found on FB Hire Lures

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    If you are not on face book, shoot me an email Hrootbeer1@aol.com and I will email you some pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Fav top water bait

I was skeptical before I made purchase, but it's proven itself over and over again. Livingston Walking Boss. The original and the Walking Boss 2. They aren't cheap, but they work sometimes when a spook or popper won't. The electronic chirp definitely does something to them. I fish for hybrids and stripers not lm though. I've caught fish on them while picking a back lash out, the bait sitting motionless, lol, more than a couple times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Loomis View Post
    I was skeptical before I made purchase, but it's proven itself over and over again. Livingston Walking Boss. The original and the Walking Boss 2. They aren't cheap, but they work sometimes when a spook or popper won't. The electronic chirp definitely does something to them. I fish for hybrids and stripers not lm though. I've caught fish on them while picking a back lash out, the bait sitting motionless, lol, more than a couple times.
    Interesting... I got one of these in my lucky tackle box a couple months ago, but haven't used it. Never actually heard of them before or talked to anyone that had. Sort of seemed like a gimmick to me. Might have to give it a shot now.

Post Thanks / Like

Rat

Has anyone tried the Spro BBZ1 rat? Just bought one but haven't used it yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    LC Gun fish worked for me last year. This year I'm not sure dynamite would work.