Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No respect.

Post Thanks / Like

No respect.

This guy, some probably have seen him on ***. Without fail will cut you off, run all over where you're fishing and leaves the big motor running at all times. He has no respect for other fisherman. Just because hes been on tv, I think he believes he can get away with his behavior on the water. From what I've seen, he definitely lacks etiquette and skill. Have some respect for others while on the water. Don't just jump out in front of another boater and try to get in on another anglers spot or fish. Have some respect, even if it hurts your ego. Just know if you see him on the water, it's going to happen, guaranteed. I wanted to let everyone know so you don't think it's an isolated incident when it happens to you.
    Last edited by peter; 09-24-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

No respect

Sorry the pic didn't load on prior post
    Removed by Peter
    Last edited by peter; 09-24-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Not trying to hijack ur thread but the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the title was someone fished Cedar Creek for the first time. I have never in my 33 years seen such a lack of respect and etiquette from grown men as on that lake!!!!
    Likes BKGOOCH, MagikSmallie, Moon~Shaun liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nix the **** commercials movies on this site.

Sorry I was going to post a response but got distracted at the d@m commercial showing on the page. Get rid of those **** movie ads that take up my computer's resources. I don't want them nor do I need them. And I hate it when I go to a link and have to watch a stupid commercial before I can see what I want. It's bad enough that major web sites like CNN and other have this going on. Now it's on fishing.com. There's not much to read in here anyway so I doubt that many others will like those commercials anymore than I do.

Now about the post. I've seen those types of people who run in at full speed next to where you are fishing and act like they own the place. They could care less that they just rocked your boat with their wake. I have a well know fishing guide at Patoka Lake do that to me and one of my friends when we were crappie fishing during a tournament. We were not in the tournament as we didn't sign up for that. But the guide was hired by one of the competitors and the guide was fishing the tournament. Crappie USA was holding their tournament that fall IIRC. **** was the guide. He stopped his boat within 50 yards of where we were fishing a know brush pile in an really good fishing area that's well marked on the fishing maps. But my friends maps showed the area in much better detail. Our map even showed the little ditches that existed before the lake was formed. No other maps shows that much detail. And we were using Side Scanning Sonar units to mark the GPS locations of the big brush piles in the bay. It's not a big bay and it's not far from the North Launch Ramp on the main lake. So lots of people go right past it while out on Patoka Lake.

Now years ago when I was only 8 my father started taking me down to KY lake. Down there if you saw another boat in the area you were fishing it was rare. Everyone gave everyone else a wide birth. But there were far fewer people fishing in the area we fished. It was rare to see three other boats in the entire section of KY lake in those days. But we got up at 4 am and went out on the lake in the fog in Oct. We only went down the lake about a mile and hardly ever crossed over the lake in those days as the boats were only 14 to 16 ft aluminum rental boats that we used. Dad owned a 20HP Mercury Motor and we took that down and used it on the rental boat. We would rent a cabin for the week and then get a covered boat slip thrown into the deal back in the early 1960s. KY lake was pretty remote back in those days. We had a shower house and a outhouse facility that we used. The cabin had bunk beds to save room and one table and two chairs and one light bulb in the ceiling. I think we had a hot plate there on the table. I guess there was a electric refrigerator but I can't really remember that. The cabins were in the cow pasture and the cows ran around freely around the cabin. We had to walk from the cabin down the hill to the dock to launch the boat and go fishing. So we had to walk though the cow pasture to get to the dock. I can remember hearing the whipper wills calling in the early morning hours. I guess those were quail? Maybe they are different species. I don't hear them anymore these days in 2016. I guess they are pretty much gone now.

But we often had the lake to ourselves in Oct. Dad was a teacher and always got out of school for the teachers convention for a week in Oct. He would skip the convention and go fishing instead. They were not paid to go to the convention in those days. So ever year in Oct we would head down to KY lake and fish for a solid week. That is a nice time of the year to fish the lake. The water level is down and one can see the stumps that we fished in the spring when the water level was at summer pool or higher. The lake is totally different in the spring vs the fall of the year.

And back in the 1960's when I fished KY lake the most it was much quieter than it is these days. We didn't have any water skiers or jet skies back in those days. And people were much more respectful of each other. If you got to a bay first it was considered rude for someone else to come into the same area. People would even slow down when they passed your boat so as not to throw a wake. Boats didn't got that fast back in those days. A 35HP motor was one of the largest on a fishing boat back in those days. Those were the good old days and I wish we have them back sometimes. Back then the Lowrance Little Green Box flasher unit was our go to fishing locator device. It ran off of two dry cell 6 volt batteries. And the trolling motor was a set of wooden oars. Good times. We would run up wind of the fishing spot and turn the motor off and drift down wind into the fishing spot and were always very quiet. Seems that we caught more fish that way. After drifting though the fishing area we would oar back up into the wind and do it all over again. We didn't ever run the main motor near the fishing spot. Went I got my boat and had an Motor Guide HAWG electric Motor on the bow it seemed like the noise from the electric motor scared the fish or at least put them on notice that someone boat was there. I'm pretty sure that fish can sense the vibrations from the propeller in the water. I'm not sure if that actually scares them off the bite or not as we still catch fish using trolling motors. But in shallow water near the back it might make the fish head to deeper water for cover if they hear the trolling motor. I also wonder if the frequency of the depth finders is audible to the fish. The New Chirp units alter the frequencies to get better resolution. And I am not sure what frequency they use or what frequency the fish can hear.

I'd post some pictures but I don't have them on my hard drive anymore. I either deleted them and my adobe Photoshop program or the hackers did. Don't ever buy a program called System Mechanics and they are a bunch of hackers. The program will ruin your computer's hard drive and they will call you on the phone and harass you relentlessly. My main computer repair guy warned me about that program. He said it use to be a well respected company but was bought out by another sleaze company that messes up your computer and then tries to extort money from you to fix what they messed up. I hang up when I hear their voice on the phone. They are calling from Pakistan or some where out of the Middle or Far East. All I know is that the other day I noticed all my photos on my desktop computer were gone. I know that I didn't delete them as I would never do that. But they are all gone. Luckily I have them on a back up hard drive that I don't keep connected to my desktop computer and also on my notebook computer. But I don't have access right now to the digital old photos of my KY lake fishing trips from the 1960's. Dad would catch stringers full of Largemouth bass down at KY lake back in the 1940's when the lake was first made. I have some old photos of him holding up a huge stringer of LM bass. It's on color slides and I have a slide scanner that I can use to digitize them and add them back on my computer. But the slides are at my other house across down right now and so is the scanner device. So it may be a while before I get them back on this desktop computer that I use all the time.
    Last edited by peter; 09-24-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    Not trying to hijack ur thread but the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the title was someone fished Cedar Creek for the first time. I have never in my 33 years seen such a lack of respect and etiquette from grown men as on that lake!!!!
    Yup, I was thinking the same thing. It is absolutely absurd the lack of respect shown on Cedar. I've just about had it to be honest. I was raised fishing and have been fishing for 30 years now, and when I see a guy fishing a spot I move on to another area and wait till the guy has moved on. these guys think they own spots and if your fishing it, then they just move right on in no matter what. I think I'm going to buy a slingshot and subtly smack some lead on some engine cowl covers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Loomis View Post
    Sorry the pic didn't load on prior post
    That boat looks like someone that post on here,just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Lack of etiquette

It wouldn't surprise me. Might as well finish calling him out for his continued ways and lack of respect. I believe his name is ****. He has done this to me in both of my boats so it ain't like he's doing just to me. I've seen him do it to other boaters as well. What he fails to realize is when he rides all over the fish and where I'm casting, he not only don't catch any but my bite that I've worked on dries up too. Some people just don't get it. If the hot ticket was to jump out in the middle and cast, don't he think I'd be doing that already ? The guy just don't have a clue. I
    Last edited by peter; 09-24-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bent Loomis ,

I have been out with you many times when folks have done us that way. Do they not realize when you run over those fish with the big motor that it spooks them out of there?

You should have sent an 1 1/2 oz jig head his way and snatched a rod off his casting deck

Sorry but thats the way I feel

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video

The guy from KY Afield with the bad arm is he still on that show. I use to watch him on channel 31 analog broadcast out of Owensboro, KY. I could barely get it on my old TV years ago. But since I got cable and it went to all digital I can't find channel 31 anymore these days. I miss watching that show.

Was the guide on the boat the guy you were talking about being rude and cutting in on other people? They get so competitive when they are in tournaments IMHO.
    Last edited by peter; 09-24-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Loomis View Post
    This guy, some probably have seen him on Ky Afield. Without fail will cut you off, run all over where you're fishing and leaves the big motor running at all times. He has no respect for other fisherman. Just because hes been on tv, I think he believes he can get away with his behavior on the water. From what I've seen, he definitely lacks etiquette and skill. Have some respect for others while on the water. Don't just jump out in front of another boater and try to get in on another anglers spot or fish. Have some respect, even if it hurts your ego. Just know if you see him on the water, it's going to happen, guaranteed. I wanted to let everyone know so you don't think it's an isolated incident when it happens to you.
    Don't know the man but respect runs both ways . . . rather than light him up on a message board why not give him a call? Should be easy to reach given he is a guide.
    Likes kentuckykingfisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Respect

I've talked to him in person prior to this latest episode. Twice. The second time I wasn't near as nice since the bite was very tough before he wrecked it. This time I didnt say a word , just broke out the camera. Obviously nothing changed. Figured if hearing it in person didn't work , then maybe reading it might trigger something to just give people their space. Tuesday I ran up the river and there he sat in the spot I was catching them in the day prior. I immediately chose another spot instead of jumping in on top of him. He left, I got in the spot, he returns and thrashes the water I'm fishing. Respect does go both ways here. Show some and you get some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    The guy from KY Afield with the bad arm is he still on that show. I use to watch him on channel 31 analog broadcast out of Owensboro, KY. I could barely get it on my old TV years ago. But since I got cable and it went to all digital I can't find channel 31 anymore these days. I miss watching that show.

Was the guide on the boat the guy you were talking about being rude and cutting in on other people? They get so competitive when they are in tournaments IMHO.
    Tim Farmer is the "guy with one arm." He has retired from Ky Afield and is currently busy with his other endeavors, which I enjoy very much. Ky Afield is now hosted by Chad Miles. Chad is doing a very good job. I don't know about the
    Owensboro area KET stations but you can get past shows on line.

I was told by one by one of my friends that fishes tournaments that he was "fishing for money and that he didn't have time or cared about politeness." Just looked at him and shook my head and asked him how he would feel if the tables were turned. He said he'd worry about it when the time comes. He's old enough to know better. What do you say? Nothing that I know of will change most of their minds.