Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Tough day on the big C

Fished in first tourney of the fall aka too freaking hot to be on the water. Anyway tried top water early followed by looking for schooling fish in backs of creeks and flipped the bushes/trees and ended up with 1 fish. Even tried the main lake for a bit. My question is what type of pattern is working now? Don't want your favorite spots but man this learning curve is steep!

Post Thanks / Like
    Its just tough right now. I was there about a week ago and similar results. Had one keeper LM and one keeper spot. Did not have much luck on top water (one off at boat) but tried it for a while. Caught the LM in back of a pocket and caught the spot and a few short fish on the inside of a secondary point but for the most part the bite was over after about 1.5 hours of fishing once it started getting hot.

It should pick up soon...hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished yesterday morning and early afternoon. Morning was fine and afternoon was slow. Managed 4 smallmouth with an 18in, 16in, 15in and 13incher. All caught on jigs just inside secondary cuts in the shade. Hope it helps someone. I won't get back down for couple weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Info

Thanks for the follow up. Hard gig to learn on your own.

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland

Quote Originally Posted by Wildgoosechase View Post
    Fished yesterday morning and early afternoon. Morning was fine and afternoon was slow. Managed 4 smallmouth with an 18in, 16in, 15in and 13incher. All caught on jigs just inside secondary cuts in the shade. Hope it helps someone. I won't get back down for couple weeks.

Hey Wildgoosechase, I sent you a email.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was planning on coming down to fish next Wednesday. The few fish that are being caught, are they still deep, or have they moved shallow already? Any tips would be appreciated!