Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

bOAT REG AND TRAILER LICENSE FEES OVERCHARGE?

I read that last year the IN BMV over charged us by a certain amount. The BMV was sued and they are being forced to give us refunds. But today I renewed my boat registration and my license plates for the car, truck, trailer and didn't see anywhere that I got a refund or was charged less. In fact the boat registration for a 30 years old boat was more this time than last year. $20 last year and $30 this year. They actually charged me more.

Anyone else have a similar experience or get a refund that you notices?

I didn't see anything in the paper work that was mailed to me for registration and renewal of my license plates that talked about any refund from over charges last year or the law suit and court verdict.

Post Thanks / Like

Go here to check on your refund and tell us if you qualified

https://secure.in.gov/bmv/RefundsFee...s/Default.aspx

Here is the link. I applied using my social security number and my full name and it said I got ZERO money coming. So they are saying that they didn't overcharge me last year or that for some other reason I'm not getting a refund check.

Like I said in the first post in this thread I didn't notice any mention of a credit in my payment for renewing my license plants and boat registration this year. I just did my registration and license plate renewals online at the www.mybmv.com web site.

more information:
    http://www.in.gov/bmv/files/BMV%20Re...e%208-9-16.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    They charged you extra to fix the ramps at Bluegrass..........The GPS tracked you and determined your usage was in excess.

The also droned and satellite tracked you, to determine the harvest was excess. Additional bills will be coming.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ha. I need a little more tin foil hate to keep them away

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    They charged you extra to fix the ramps at Bluegrass..........The GPS tracked you and determined your usage was in excess.

The also droned and satellite tracked you, to determine the harvest was excess. Additional bills will be coming.
    Evidently the State BMV is claiming that the court didn't order them to pay the people back and they are now refusing the pay the attorney's who filed the law suit against the IN BMV in the first place. Evidently the IN BMV saw the suit coming and went ahead on their own at the very last minute and started paying the people back. I know I didn't get any refunds and my fees were more this year than last.

Maybe I should hire those lawyers and file suit on my behalf. The class action law suit was suppose to stop the IN BMV from overchanging us but as I said they changed me more this year than last. And My boat is not getting any younger. It's getting older each year. Should the value of my boat not be decreasing with age? It's a 1978 year model and it's been about 38 years old now.

The good thing for me was that when I got the boat it was registered in KY by the dealer. And I never had to pay any registration fees for many years until one day I was water sking on Patoka Lake with the family and got pulled over by the Conservation Officers. I got a ticket warning for not having the boat registered in IN. So since that time I've been paying for the registration of my boat each year. That was about 1990 when that happened. So I've paid the registration fee each year since 1990. That's about 26 years.

Did anyone else get a refund form the IN BMV this year or a check in the mail to pay them for all the over changes in the past? This was happening for several of the last years according to the news paper article that I read.

Heck I could care less about the ramps at Bluegrass as I don't even fish over there anymore. The ramps are so slick from all the algae that grows on the concrete that it's too hard to launch my boat over there with only 2 wheel drive. One needs four wheel drive to be able to get the boat trailer out of the water with the ramp's surface so slick with the algae on it. If my back wheels get wet they won't grip onto the concrete anymore and I slide back down the ramp more than I go up the ramp. And my boat trailer tires are bigger than they were when I got the boat as I changed the little 8" diameter tires that came with my trailer to the larger 12" ones. The little 8" tired were spinning twice as fast as my truck tires when I was on the highway that they overheated the first time I took my boat to KY lake and I had a flat tire. I got that fixed and when I got back home from that trip I immediately got larger tires. But now I have to back the boat trailer farther into the water before my boat floats off the trailer. So to get the boat to float off the trailer at bluegrass I have to back up farther and the back wheels of my truck are always in the water. I use to just dig up some sand and pea gravel along the handicapped platform and throw that under my back tires to get traction on the ramp. That works but it's a pain to have to do that. And when the water level was so high the past few years due to the beavers plugging up the drain pipes that run under the road from Bluegrass Pit to Loon pit I could not get to the gravel in front of the handicapped platform. The handicapped platform has been under water most of the spring and early summer. Water levels at Bluegrass Pit have been extremely high until the Warrick County People put in a new culvert under the road. Now the water level in Bluegrass pit is so low that the boat trailers are falling off the end of the concrete if you back the trailer down the ramp too far. And according to what I've read the water levels is going to stay low unless the beavers get back to work and plug up the new culvert. And that they will. Beavers are attracted to the sound of running water and will plug up the culvert to stop the water from flowing though the culvert. Unless the take the beavers out of the lake some how this will be a recurring event. Some states will build a fence around the opening of the culvert to keep the beavers at bay. I'm not sure that IDNR has that figured out. But some of the northern States like Wisconsin and Michigan have a lot more beavers and they do this routinely now. Building a fence around the opening of the culvert is a lot cheaper than having to replace the culvert under the highway every few years. And getting rid of he beavers would be the contrary to having a Fish and Wildlife Area that's suppose to protect the game and fish in the area or manage it for hunters. A trap and relocated might work though.

They should have made the ramp at a much steeper angle so that it was easier to get the boats off the trailer and not make it so ramp so flat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got an e-mail from the Indiana DMV that I was due a refund. I logged onto their site where it then stated I was due no refund??

Post Thanks / Like

I got an email from the BMV too. Still need to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I got an e-mail from the Indiana DMV that I was due a refund. I logged onto their site where it then stated I was due no refund??
    Normally I do all my email checking on my PC. It's got the large screen and a real keyboard and I use it for all business type stuff.

But I recently got a smartphone and now I can open email on the smartphone too. But the screen on the smart phone is so small that the text is too small for me to read with my eye sight. I need reading glasses to see up close and even then the text is pretty tiny.

Therefore I have not look at the BMV web site or that email yet in depth.

But here is the thing. I just renewed my license plates for the vehicle and the boat trailer. If I were to get a refund it would be a lot easier for me of they just took the refund and subtracted that from the price of the new plates. But they didn't do that as my plate cost were higher this year than last.

So even if they get sued and lose they still stick it to us.