Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Has Green River Lake turned over yet?

Anyone had any luck with Muskies on Green River Lake? Is there any info if the Green River lake has turned over yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think its turned since the water is still unusually warm for this time of year. Ive been out bass fishing twice in the last 3 weeks and cant keep the musky away up very shallow. The water did have a strange brown/black color to it this weekend so a good cold snap could start the turnover

Post Thanks / Like
    How has the Bass fishing been lately? looking to maybe go down in 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Where on Green River did ?

Where on Green River were you having problems keeping Muskies away from your bass bait. And what kind of lure where you throwing? I know this may sound strange but I am big Zero for Muskies on Green River lake. All I fish with is Musky gear. I can catch them up on Cave Run but not on Green River lake. Any help or advice that you could give me would very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I dont think its turned since the water is still unusually warm for this time of year. Ive been out bass fishing twice in the last 3 weeks and cant keep the musky away up very shallow. The water did have a strange brown/black color to it this weekend so a good cold snap could start the turnover

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k9guy View Post
    Where on Green River were you having problems keeping Muskies away from your bass bait. And what kind of lure where you throwing? I know this may sound strange but I am big Zero for Muskies on Green River lake. All I fish with is Musky gear. I can catch them up on Cave Run but not on Green River lake. Any help or advice that you could give me would very helpful.
    My apologizes to Fishin Is Life for answering a question that was meant for him but it's been the same with me the last few trips. Let's just say that if you have any white spinnerbaits that you value don't throw them in the shallow waters of small feeder creeks and coves unless you use a wire leader with them. As of late the devil fish (muskie) seem to have a distinct fetish for white spinnerbaits or at least that's been my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many times I have talked to people who have never caught a muskie and gave them this advise...if you want to catch a muskie go to Green in the month of October and throw a buzz bait or spinner bait in the back of a creek or cove. There is a saying that muskie is a fish that take 1000 cast to catch. This might be true but the number is more like 100 for the way I described it. I would also add that most of the muskie caught in the conditions I described are juvenile fish 36" or less. I do not muskie fish but have caught several on Green over the years. If you looking for a big muskie then spring is best. If your looking to just catch one then fall is best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly it hasnt mattered which creek ive been in. We had 6 on, landed 3 a few weeks ago on squarebills. Caught a few flipping and had a couple cone up on a frog. Go in robinson creek and youll run into them if you dont run into a stump first