Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Gamo Air Rifle Scope fell apart when I used in on IGT rifle

I'm now looking for a better rifle scope that's rated for springer air rifles and that can take the backward and forward shock of the IGT type Gamo Air rifles. The scope that came with my IGT Air Rifle is broken now and I have to find some thing else to use with this gun. It's the Gamo Whisper Fusion Elite which I got at Walmart last year. I got this rifle because the Bone Collector Air rifle and scope that I had was not holding zero either. I have an extra Gamo Hunter 4x9x32 scope that I could use but I fear that I would be wasting my time and money trying to put that one on either of my IGT Gamo Air Rifles. IGT stand for Inert Gas Technology. These are springers without the metal springs. They use the gas inside a chamber in the rifle that's compressed by a pistol when you break the rifle barrel down and back up. These were suppose to produce less recoil but I'm doubting that claim form Gamo now.

I'm thinking of buying a Leapers Scope which are suppose to be made better and used on Springer Air Rifles. Any comments on these scopes?

Post Thanks / Like

Air rifle scopes

As you have learned Air rifles take a special type of scope. Here is a link for one source and some info.
    http://www.airgundepot.com/airgunscopes.html
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. That web site is what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by PRO V LE View Post
    As you have learned Air rifles take a special type of scope. Here is a link for one source and some info.
    http://www.airgundepot.com/airgunscopes.html
    This web site is what I need to find a good scope that will hold up to the back and forward shock of a springer air rifle.

Post Thanks / Like

best air rifle scope

Guide to buying the best air rifle scope in 2019. Check out the top 10 airgun scope reviews and choose the best one for your pellet gun now!
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Those are AR15 rifle scopes.

Quote Originally Posted by ophielde View Post
    Guide to buying the best air rifle scope in 2019. Check out the top 10 airgun scope reviews and choose the best one for your pellet gun now!
    What I need is a scope for an Air Rifle that's a springer type or Inert Gas Technology Type which uses air pressure to move a piston instead of a spring to move the piston. Both type of Air Rifles are very hard on scopes.

The AR15 has a very mild recoil due to the Buffer Tube and the Gas system that uses the gas from the burning power to push the BCG back into the buffer Spring. The Buffer sring helps reduce the recoil. I have a Nikon Scopeand and a EOTech HHS I for my AR15

I'm doing some research on the scopes that work with an AIR GUN type Rifle.
    Last edited by Moveon; 11-02-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Nikon P-223 for my AR 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    What I need is a scope for an Air Rifle that's a springer type or Inert Gas Technology Type which uses air pressure to move a piston instead of a spring to move the piston. Both type of Air Rifles are very hard on scopes.

The AR15 has a very mild recoil due to the Buffer Tube and the Gas system that uses the gas from the burning power to push the BCG back into the buffer Spring. The Buffer sring helps reduce the recoil. I have a Nikon Scope and a EOTech HHS I for my AR15.

I'm doing some research on the scopes that work with an AIR GUN type Rifle.
    I saw that the Nikon P-223 is third on the list. It's calibrated for the M855 62 grain bullets which I also use. I has a ballistic reticle for the AR15 rifle. My AR15 has a 1:7 fast twist rate for heavier bullets. I used another AR15 which was loaned to me for a while by my neighbor. It has a 1.9 twist rate which is slow and shot the 55 grain bullets better than my Daniel Defense AR15 did. At the time I could not figure out how a $700 AR15 Highpoint could shoot better than my $1750.00 AR15 but back then I didn't know much about shooting and barrel twist rates. Now I know better. My DD AR15 will shoot great groups when I use the heavier 62 grain 5.56 mm bullets.

I've been watching Ryan Cleckner on YouTube Videos. He talked about MOS and Mil Rads. He also discussed adjusting for the wind and shooting at angles up and down along with other topics. I've learned a lot from him about shooting and adjusting the scope.

Ryan explains how to determine the distance to a target if you know the height of the target and then count the mildots from the ground to the height of the target. Take the height of a target in yards multiply by 1000 and then divide by the number or MilDot from the ground to the target height and you have your distance in yards. Take the height of the target in inches and multiply by 27.77 and divide by the number of mildots and you get the distance in yards. 36"/yard.

I also now understand why I shot under the squirrel's feet when they are closer to me than the distance, I sighted the scope in at. The pellets are still going up until they get to the sight in distance and then they go down from that point as compared to the scopes line of sight. The pellet is dropping from the time it leaves the barrel, but the sight makes the barrel tilt upwards, so the pellet rises up to meet the scopes line of sight until it gets to the point where the scope is sighted in at.

Last year I got a new scope mounted loosely onto my pellet gun and need to level the scope and lock it in before shooting it and sighting it in. Not sure how far out to zero the scope/gun at yet. There is a new young family of three new gray squirrels in the tree in the back yard. Now there are two squirrel holes in the big maple tree in the back yard. Two years ago, some Eurasian Hornets made a nest in one of the holes about 30 ft up the tree. I called the exterminator company, and they sent a guy out to the house to get rid of the Hornets. But the new family of gray squirrels moved to a new hole in the same tree. I want to get rid of them before they decide to eat into the attic of my house next year. They also eat the blueberries before I can pick them. And I'm out of frozen blueberries so I need all of them that I can get this summer from the blueberry bush to put in the freezer