Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Guntersville lodging

Any recommended places to stay for a weekend trip down there? I have never been to the lake so if there is a traditionally better end of the lake this time of year we hope to stay in that area. We just want to catch some bass....topwater frog bite would be great!
    thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Hampton inn. There are a multitude of ramps within a couple miles and they have an awesome breakfast bar. There is a Walmart next door as well as several places to eat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks man.....I'm guessing that's the one in Scottsboro?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Any recommended places to stay for a weekend trip down there? I have never been to the lake so if there is a traditionally better end of the lake this time of year we hope to stay in that area. We just want to catch some bass....topwater frog bite would be great!
    thanks!
    http://www.fishin.com/forums2/conten...summer-fishing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks man...that's a good read.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks man...that's a good read.... looking forward to getting down there.

Post Thanks / Like
    we stay at Kudzu Cove its right by the Guntersville airport. The cabins are nice and the owners are extremely friendly. I would shy away from staying at any motels because there is a lot of thefts in that area. We stayed at the days inn in Guntersville once and several guys had stuff taken. Its a beautiful area at kudzu cove. Its just as cost effective to rent a cabin as a motel almost cause you end up eating in the room and also where kudzu cove is located its close to several boat ramps like spring creek, browns creek, seibold, and alreds. If you stay in Scottsboro the you can fish north sauty, mink creek and Roseboro creek but you have to drive about 15 miles or so to get to them. but if you stay in Guntersville you have to drive about the same distance to get to north sauty, mink creek or Roseboro creek. But I just really enjoyed staying at the cabins on Kudzu Cove we stayed in the fishermans cabin. They all have drive thru covered boat parking and security cameras at the front entrance and if you don't belong out there they will come find out why your out there... The owner used to work in the oil industry over seas in the middle east. I hope this helps and good luck fishing....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ekubass View Post
    we stay at Kudzu Cove its right by the Guntersville airport. The cabins are nice and the owners are extremely friendly. I would shy away from staying at any motels because there is a lot of thefts in that area. We stayed at the days inn in Guntersville once and several guys had stuff taken. Its a beautiful area at kudzu cove. Its just as cost effective to rent a cabin as a motel almost cause you end up eating in the room and also where kudzu cove is located its close to several boat ramps like spring creek, browns creek, seibold, and alreds. If you stay in Scottsboro the you can fish north sauty, mink creek and Roseboro creek but you have to drive about 15 miles or so to get to them. but if you stay in Guntersville you have to drive about the same distance to get to north sauty, mink creek or Roseboro creek. But I just really enjoyed staying at the cabins on Kudzu Cove we stayed in the fishermans cabin. They all have drive thru covered boat parking and security cameras at the front entrance and if you don't belong out there they will come find out why your out there... The owner used to work in the oil industry over seas in the middle east. I hope this helps and good luck fishing....
    Great info I checked it out. I have a message in to the owner now. We have never been so this is very helpful. I do like the cabin idea for safety and having the convenience of a kitchen and place to get at the boat/rig things outside or at least not dragging rods and tackle up stairs.

Post Thanks / Like
    good deal. I would call them tomorrow and get everything set up. Its so easy on the day of your arrival they give you the code to the door its electronic locks and you just show up. there is an awesome bar/restaurant called Somewheres its across the browns creek causeway. they have awesome food and Guntersville tackle is right up the road 1/4 mile. Also another thing we have ran into when dealing with the motels is they aren't really boat friendly yeah they have electrical hook ups but so many working people pass thru there during the week like TVA workers and such that when u come back from fishing there is someone always parked right in front of your room door and whatnot. don't eat at the KFC in Scottsboro or the Chinese restaurant in Scottsboro the buffet at the Chinese place reminded me of the buffet from vegas vacation lol. Oh and if the storm siren go off for weather its a good ideal to leave cause that lake is huge. u can look north east from seibold creek and cant see the other end. But all the creeks fish the same really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Call Connie @ Waterfront Grocery and get a mid lake cabin. That way you can go up or down the lake. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Boss View Post
    Call Connie @ Waterfront Grocery and get a mid lake cabin. That way you can go up or down the lake. Good luck!
    Thanks...I spoke with a Connie who said she runs store and tackle shop by also leases the Kudzu Cove cabins....we are all set! Just need some weeds and grass fishing....catching would be good too🙂