Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bluegrass and Loon

Well I'm finally winterizing the boat for the winter but it was a great season. I had an awesome year out there with my biggest bass to date. We have a great fishery if we can just continue the catch and release approach for big bass. There was a ton of fishing pressure and some rough days but the good days were awesome. Hopefully, it continues to produce quality bass.

The lake was a little tougher to fish the last month with the lower water levels. Most of the shoreline cover was exposed with the lake back to it's normal level (post culvert). I noticed the grass started to grow back a little with the water levels stable. The ramp is always questionable and the only real drawback out there. Anyone else care to comment on there year at BG and Loon? Now its onto freezing my butt off in a deer stand the rest of the fall/winter.

Post Thanks / Like

IDNR installed a new sign at the North Launch Ramp

The sign tells us that there is a drop off on each side of the concrete boat ramp and at the end of the ramp. And the ramp ends 40 ft into the water from where the sign was places on the area next to the ramp. They didn't fix the holes on the sides of the ramp or at the end of the concrete but instead put up a sign to warn up that it's up to us to not get the boat trailers axel/wheels off the concrete ramp or you can break an boat trailer axel like I did one year. This was many years ago and I still have a bad back from trying to life my boat off the boat trailer to hang the boat axel on a strap from the boat trailer so that I could make it home. I still suffer form nerve pain in the left front leg ( upper thigh) due to a compress vertebrae at L2, L3 or L4. The doctor prescribed some medication that's relaxes the muscles in the back to reduce the pain. That's another reason I have not taken my boat over to Bluegrass and Loon's Launch ramp. I noticed that all the ramps are open again or at least they were not blocked off with chains or those wooden barricades.

It's going to get up to 70 Degrees F by Monday and stay warm on Tue and Wed. So there may be a lot more people fishing the pits this spring. Well it's not even March yet. Still the Middle of February now. And it feels like Spring outside. Normally we would be buried in snow and ice this time of the year. Every year is getting warmer than the one before.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley1487 View Post
    Well I'm finally winterizing the boat for the winter but it was a great season. I had an awesome year out there with my biggest bass to date. We have a great fishery if we can just continue the catch and release approach for big bass. There was a ton of fishing pressure and some rough days but the good days were awesome. Hopefully, it continues to produce quality bass.

The lake was a little tougher to fish the last month with the lower water levels. Most of the shoreline cover was exposed with the lake back to it's normal level (post culvert). I noticed the grass started to grow back a little with the water levels stable. The ramp is always questionable and the only real drawback out there. Anyone else care to comment on there year at BG and Loon? Now its onto freezing my butt off in a deer stand the rest of the fall/winter.