Search Fishin.com

Thread: New Rod Help

Post Thanks / Like

New Rod Help

Xmas is coming up and I've been hinting to my wife to just give me some tacklewarehouse money, so I can pick out exactly what I want. Don't exactly trust her in picking out my next few bass rods. With that being said, I'm interested in the the Daiwa Tatula and the Dobyn's Fury rods. Would like to get 3 rods that can handle the below groups of techniques.

1) Light to Medium Texas Rigs and Jigs
    2) Reaction baits (squarebills, lipless and medium divers primarily, but maybe chatterbaits/spinnerbaits secondary)
    3) Frogging/Heavy Jigs with the occasional carolina rig

If anyone has used or uses the Tatula or Fury rods for any of the above techniques, I'm interested to hear specifically which rods they are and your experience with them. Any input would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Denali rods are where it's really at you can find them on TW

Post Thanks / Like
    Which ones do you have? I checked out the ones on tacklewarehouse... Most of the series don't have many models to choose from outside of the Lithiums and they are $200. A little too pricey for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Vexan rods

Hit me up. Were dealers in this area for the new line of Vexan bass rods. Most sensitive, toughest rods I've fished. Have original vexans and Vexan pros. Great price for the rods. 270-618-1832

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of them before... I did a quick search and found a little info. Wouldn't be making a purchase until after Xmas most likely, but how would I be able to get my hands on one to get a feel for them?

I kayak fish mainly, so i want a 7' or under MH for texas rigs and jigs. A crankbait rod and a rod I can use for frogging and jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

rods

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGhostMan View Post
    Xmas is coming up and I've been hinting to my wife to just give me some tacklewarehouse money, so I can pick out exactly what I want. Don't exactly trust her in picking out my next few bass rods. With that being said, I'm interested in the the Daiwa Tatula and the Dobyn's Fury rods. Would like to get 3 rods that can handle the below groups of techniques.

1) Light to Medium Texas Rigs and Jigs
    2) Reaction baits (squarebills, lipless and medium divers primarily, but maybe chatterbaits/spinnerbaits secondary)
    3) Frogging/Heavy Jigs with the occasional carolina rig

If anyone has used or uses the Tatula or Fury rods for any of the above techniques, I'm interested to hear specifically which rods they are and your experience with them. Any input would be appreciated!

check into impulse rods the guys that worked for kistler for years left and started this company best rods i have used hands down they just brought out a new line they sell around $130 pretty sure if you have any questions call up lance and he will hook you up

Post Thanks / Like

Dobyns Fury Series Rods

I've purchased 2 Dobyns Fury Series rods this year and I don't think you can beat them for the price. The first one I bought was the FR 735C, I use it for frogs and Whopper Ploppers. This rod is a beast! 7'3" long and rated as extra heavy with a fast tip which lets me walk a frog with minimal effort. To be such a heavy duty rod it is surprisingly light and balanced. It felt a bit heavy when I was looking at it at the store, but once you put a reel on it it balances out. This rod is also supposed to be good for pitching heavy jigs and small swimbaits.
    The second Dobyns I bought was the FR705CB, It has become my "utility" rod. I throw Topwater walking baits and poppers, buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, squarebills and lipless cranks with it.
    For the money, these rods cant be beat. They have pretty good quality cork and Fuji components. Their website is nice to visit and has breakdowns for each rod and what they can be used for. I bought mine at Sportsmans Warehouse, so if you're interested in them you can go look at them before you purchase online.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGhostMan View Post
    Which ones do you have? I checked out the ones on tacklewarehouse... Most of the series don't have many models to choose from outside of the Lithiums and they are $200. A little too pricey for me.
    They actually just came out with a new line of rods called the attaX series, and I really like them for the price. I prefer the Kovert series for the sensitivity and the low price but honestly you can't go wrong with any of their rods. Check them out on their website to get a better idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellywormer View Post
    I've purchased 2 Dobyns Fury Series rods this year and I don't think you can beat them for the price. The first one I bought was the FR 735C, I use it for frogs and Whopper Ploppers. This rod is a beast! 7'3" long and rated as extra heavy with a fast tip which lets me walk a frog with minimal effort. To be such a heavy duty rod it is surprisingly light and balanced. It felt a bit heavy when I was looking at it at the store, but once you put a reel on it it balances out. This rod is also supposed to be good for pitching heavy jigs and small swimbaits.
    The second Dobyns I bought was the FR705CB, It has become my "utility" rod. I throw Topwater walking baits and poppers, buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, squarebills and lipless cranks with it.
    For the money, these rods cant be beat. They have pretty good quality cork and Fuji components. Their website is nice to visit and has breakdowns for each rod and what they can be used for. I bought mine at Sportsmans Warehouse, so if you're interested in them you can go look at them before you purchase online.
    Awesome... These are the exact two Fury rods I was interested in. And looks like you are using them for exactly the same techniques I was thinking. Perfect. Thanks!

Drew1233 - Alright... Found 'em on tacklewarehouse. Interesting looking grips. Look kinda like golf club grips. They don't have a very wide variety of lengths/actions on there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in Lexington over the weekend and went to Sportsman's Warehouse and finally got my hands on some Dobyn Fury rods... I was impressed. They look nice, feel well made, solid but light, and balanced. Best feeling rods I picked up, and I picked up just about all of them. Now I need to pick up a Tatula, but can't find them anywhere.