Search Fishin.com

Thread: Herrington

Post Thanks / Like

Herrington

Wow I guess I should have check the water level before I went. Already down to winter pool.Put in at Bryant and only one lane is left usable. Water was 60 degrees and draw down brown. Went in Clarks run only 1foot deep at the mouth once in side water droped to 55 degrees in the first 100 feet so no more of that. Ran down to Kingsmill and it was 64degrees and still brown. Gwens and Coffeys were at 67degrees and water looked a lot better. Could not get a hit on jigs or plastics, fish came on cranksbaits, weird day had 4 bass,1 white bass and 3 white perch.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the newsletter sent out by KU, they stated that the lake was going to be held at the elevation of 725 this winter and they don't foresee any reason that they will drop it any lower. They stated that summer pool will be 740. Years ago I think the normal summer elevation was 735. The quality of ramps at Herrington leave a lot to be desired, especially during the drawdown period.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MSD View Post
    In the newsletter sent out by KU, they stated that the lake was going to be held at the elevation of 725 this winter and they don't foresee any reason that they will drop it any lower. They stated that summer pool will be 740. Years ago I think the normal summer elevation was 735. The quality of ramps at Herrington leave a lot to be desired, especially during the drawdown period.
    http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...lmk&gage=dixk2

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had of checked the Hydrograph before I went I would have put in at the other end of the Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

same mistake

I made the same mistake last weekend. I only went as far as Kingsmill. I did manage to catch a few on crankbaits around Kingsmill. I tried to get into Clarks Run but it was to silted in at the entrance. I thought about going up river but decided to head home instead. I remember we used to go down in the winter and ware them out in the Kings Mill area. I guess those days are over.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is funny, All I caught at kingsmill were whitebass and white perch. Bass came above the hog back. Times have changed for sure when they draw the lake down just a couple feet below the rocks at Kingsmill it is a mud bottom. I did not know white perch could be so aggressive, they were eating it and even had one hit it on top.