Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Cumberland

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Cumberland

I have Vacation I need to use up before the end of the year. Anybody catching Stripers casting bucktails, I am not set up to troll.

Post Thanks / Like
    It might be a tad early for casting bucktails unless they jump. I found some yesterday in the creeks but they were in 40 ft of water close to the bottom. The higher fish I've seen are roaming at 15-25 ft over 70 ft of water. You could easily get to those with umbrellas. I think the better fish are moving into the creeks along with the runts and the schoolers are still on the main. My fish yesterday were either shorts or pushed up to a yard stick. You could also find a nice school on the main and jig the bucktail or spoon for them.
    Likes peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I thought the water temp might be to warm yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duayne View Post
    It might be a tad early for casting bucktails unless they jump. I found some yesterday in the creeks but they were in 40 ft of water close to the bottom. The higher fish I've seen are roaming at 15-25 ft over 70 ft of water. You could easily get to those with umbrellas. I think the better fish are moving into the creeks along with the runts and the schoolers are still on the main. My fish yesterday were either shorts or pushed up to a yard stick. You could also find a nice school on the main and jig the bucktail or spoon for them.
    Nice report. I was wondering about the creeks.

Post Thanks / Like

this weekend

My wife and I are coming down this weekend.Has anyone seen any jumps.Any kind of report would help.

thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    I got down this afternoon and did some scouting with slide divers and umbrella rigs. Found lots of fish really deep but couldn't\didn't want to get to them. i also found fish 2/3rd back in 30-40 ft off soft gravel points probably 15-18 ft deep. Two keepers in 20 minutes on umbrellas once I found them. You could easily reach those fish casting if the pattern holds but every day is a new day this time of year. It's a slow, patient way of fishing (allowing the jig to get down to them) but it can work when they are in that zone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duayne View Post
    I got down this afternoon and did some scouting with slide divers and umbrella rigs. Found lots of fish really deep but couldn't\didn't want to get to them. i also found fish 2/3rd back in 30-40 ft off soft gravel points probably 15-18 ft deep. Two keepers in 20 minutes on umbrellas once I found them. You could easily reach those fish casting if the pattern holds but every day is a new day this time of year. It's a slow, patient way of fishing (allowing the jig to get down to them) but it can work when they are in that zone.
    thank you for the information.My wife and I will be down thursday afternoon,hope to see some jumps too.We are staying at griderhill.I guess we will work indian creek.If we get on some I will have to try to post it to let you know.Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    No jumps this morning. Got three hits really fast on shallow running baits and landed one. Fish moved through fast and had to change up. Got another on a 42 ft down rod on a soft gravel point in a pocket. Went over two small schools and barely got sniffed. Didn't even see anything on the graph when the last fish hit. If what you are doing isn't working any longer, stop doing it and do something else LOL.
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report. There is not much chatter going on about lake cumberland. Haven't seen a updated fishing report from any of the guides since mid October. Just curious what's the current water temp the corpsame Web site still has not updated from the 7th.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many of the guides take off November to hunt so my info and anyone else the chimes in is probably going to have to do. ha! Water temp is 65 which is still warm for this time of year. My guess is it will catch up quick this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Monday/Tuesday

Monday nothing but short fish, Tuesday went up another and caught fish all day long finished my limit at 330 and went home. Was up a creek about 3/4 miles, just idled around till I saw some fish. Pulled shiners all day from 20f to 40ft deep. Had never done it before so I had fun, I only use light tackle 12lb test med action rods so it was real fun.

Unfortunately I saw no jumps either day, I normally find some jumps in October but not with this weather water was 66 degrees.

Post Thanks / Like

Stripers

Well I made it down Friday and Sat, Caught 7 Total Stripers 4 were keepers. They came up on the bank early and late. nothing after sun up. Went bass fishing thru the day and caught some nice large and smallmouth on topwater but that quit saturday when the clouds broke. Cant wait to get back.
    Likes Tacklebag23 liked this post