Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

taylorsville bass fishing

anyone catching bass at taylorsville?

Post Thanks / Like
    Scroll down to 6 days ago for some more info on Tville

Also was there today. water temp varied for 51 to 55 as day went on and depending on location. water clarity gets better as you go up lake.

So so today. we caught 9 bass. lots of shad on main lake. Basically caught all our fish on one bank mutliple passes. Couldnt duplicate pattern on any other bank.

Lots of Crappie guys out today and sounded like they were doing well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went a few days back. Had the exact same experience as Tacklebag. Picked up 3 fish (including a nice 4) on a 200-250 stretch of main lake bank with lay downs in the lower end. Wind picked up and let it troll me back down the bank and picked up another 2. Squarebills and Chatterbait. Lake seemed to be on, was only there 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebag23 View Post
    Scroll down to 6 days ago for some more info on Tville

Also was there today. water temp varied for 51 to 55 as day went on and depending on location. water clarity gets better as you go up lake.

So so today. we caught 9 bass. lots of shad on main lake. Basically caught all our fish on one bank mutliple passes. Couldnt duplicate pattern on any other bank.

Lots of Crappie guys out today and sounded like they were doing well.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been a while since I've posted around here..but I do lurk around some. I fished Tville on Wednesday, bite was really slow. Temp was 55. Caught a few on main lake banks dragging a swimbait along the bottom. One keeper in the mix. There are people I hear that have this lake figured out....I'm not one of them...lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd2 View Post
    It's been a while since I've posted around here..but I do lurk around some. I fished Tville on Wednesday, bite was really slow. Temp was 55. Caught a few on main lake banks dragging a swimbait along the bottom. One keeper in the mix. There are people I hear that have this lake figured out....I'm not one of them...lol.
    Yea me neither!

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville

Went today from 11:30 to 5 pm. Water temp 51 to 53F. Only saw 3 crappie guys.

No bites til 2:15pm. Then caught 10 bass. 2 maybe 3 keepers. Pulled a 5" what Im guessing was a shad from one of the keepers as the tail was sticking out of his "throat/stomach" This is much bigger than the shad I saw in schools the past couple of weeks.

Tried lots of baits but success came on lipless crankbait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Were you on the main or in the creeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    A little of both. Was run off one of my favorite banks by a family of otters. They have been there the last two times. They moved up the lake from where I usually see them. They are entertaining. I'm told they can travel over 20 miles in a day. So not sure how many there really are there but also saw single roaming the ramp when I took out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebag23 View Post
    A little of both. Was run off one of my favorite banks by a family of otters. They have been there the last two times. They moved up the lake from where I usually see them. They are entertaining. I'm told they can travel over 20 miles in a day. So not sure how many there really are there but also saw single roaming the ramp when I took out.
    One afternoon last November I wasn't far from Settler's Trace and I kept hearing what sounded like a whale surfacing and "blowing". Went on for a few minutes and never saw anything but a ripple in the water, then finally right in front of me I saw an Otter head pop out of the water and he was exhaling and blowing water out of his mouth. It was one of my cooler days fishing. I watched him a while and enjoyed the heck out of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not enjoy the antics of those otters like you guys do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured there would be the anti otter guys I wasnt too excited to see them as I hadnt had a hit in a couple of hours and was a little grumpy but there wasnt anything I could do about it. So I watched them for a couple of mins and moved on down the lake. Not tourney fishing so no reason to get too excited. Worked out as the bank I hit next had fish.

I always enjoy the wildlife i see at lakes. Saw a couple of eagles, lots of herron, seagulls, a ton of squirrels and a big hawk that tried to reduce the squirrel population by 1. Had to stop on road out of ramp to let a couple deer cross.
    Likes onthewater108 liked this post