Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ranger rt 198p

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up We're Back

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Yeah it's a decent place to stay. Our big one last time was over 10 with multiple 5 's...yep C&R for is as well....I did very well on a Watermelon Fluke as I usually do down there this time of year. Good luck man!!!
    Had a good trip. Lot's of 5-6 lb fish, couple of 7lb and a couple of 8lb+, and one TOAD! 11lb 6 3/4 oz
    26 5/8" long and 18 7/8 girth.
    Didn't have a fish under 3lb this trip for some reason. Couple of the fish had HUGE heads and small bodies, kinda like they were starving and loosing body mass. It was sure weird looking. one of the 8's had a head that was as big as the 11lb'er, but body was narrow, short, and lean.

Green Shad Chatterbait caught lots of fish. live bait was plentiful, but way expensive!!
    We fished the pad pockets that had what I call "Fern Grass" about 2' below the surface. Find that kind of stuff and the fish are there!!!
    Hope you have a safe trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerMike View Post
    Had a good trip. Lot's of 5-6 lb fish, couple of 7lb and a couple of 8lb+, and one TOAD! 11lb 6 3/4 oz
    26 5/8" long and 18 7/8 girth.
    Didn't have a fish under 3lb this trip for some reason. Couple of the fish had HUGE heads and small bodies, kinda like they were starving and loosing body mass. It was sure weird looking. one of the 8's had a head that was as big as the 11lb'er, but body was narrow, short, and lean.

Green Shad Chatterbait caught lots of fish. live bait was plentiful, but way expensive!!
    We fished the pad pockets that had what I call "Fern Grass" about 2' below the surface. Find that kind of stuff and the fish are there!!!
    Hope you have a safe trip.
    Wow an 11? What was that caught on? Sounds like a very nice trip! Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Bait

Big Girl was caught on a wild shiner. We didn't do much LB fishing, but what we did do was exciting and fun!!!
    If you have not been yet, don't rule out fishing Cypress. The right side after you get in from the channel. Find the deeper edge with grass barely visible under the surface. Chatterbait right above, and occasionally in this, will get you some guality fish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Big Girl was caught on a wild shiner. We didn't do much LB fishing, but what we did do was exciting and fun!!!
    If you have not been yet, don't rule out fishing Cypress. The right side after you get in from the channel. Find the deeper edge with grass barely visible under the surface. Chatterbait right above, and occasionally in this, will get you some guality fish!
    The right side coming from Kissimmee up the canal. I remember a big stand of bulrushes in that area as you get in Cypress out of the canal.
    I don't have a Green Shad Chatterbait but I do have other colors that may work. Was a certain part of Kissimmee better than the other?

Post Thanks / Like

Kissimmee

Straight out of river toward the area called "school bus" on the local map. Fish the small open areas close to the thickest mats you can find. I'm sure other colors will work, just looked like the green shad was darker than the others I had, except for the black/blue, but I didn't try that one.
    In Cypress, I don't recall any bullrush, but the lake you go thru to get to Cypress (Hychenthia?)has lots of that. We were out from the bank some tho, so there might be some there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Straight out of river toward the area called "school bus" on the local map. Fish the small open areas close to the thickest mats you can find. I'm sure other colors will work, just looked like the green shad was darker than the others I had, except for the black/blue, but I didn't try that one.
    In Cypress, I don't recall any bullrush, but the lake you go thru to get to Cypress (Hychenthia?)has lots of that. We were out from the bank some tho, so there might be some there.
    Made it back tonight and it was a good trip. I didn't catch any monsters but some of the group did. We had a 9.2, 8.7, 6.5, 6 and several close to 5 pounds. All caught on artificial lures. We had days in our boat with our best 5 going 24 pounds and catching over 30 quality bass. Quality being 2.5-4.5 pound bass on flukes, and topwater. The school bus and eagles nest areas back toward the mouth of Lake Kissimmee (C-54 canal)was fantastic on the final day. We caught 38 bass on topwater that day....even when the sun was shining we busted them. My buddy makes a buzzwalker bait that is the most weedless bait equippped with a buzzbait blade I have ever used.....we wore the fish out with it.
    other days we hit West Lake and fished some weeds off the bank with flukes and rattletraps and that is were we got into the big girls. The 9.2 and 8.7 came from there and about an hour apart. We also missed two that jump by the boat that looked the same or bigger. Plus add all the 3# class fish and that was another special day. That day was our only rainy and cool day.
    We fished a few bedding bass in West Lake but they were small....we caught them and moved on to other lures and techniques. I wish we could have stayed another few days because we had a few patterns that
    produced some weights and numbers. Watching the local tournaments weigh in at Camp Mack and West Lake proved to me we had some good patterns.
    Likes TrackerMike, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Made it back tonight and it was a good trip. I didn't catch any monsters but some of the group did. We had a 9.2, 8.7, 6.5, 6 and several close to 5 pounds. All caught on artificial lures. We had days in our boat with our best 5 going 24 pounds and catching over 30 quality bass. Quality being 2.5-4.5 pound bass on flukes, and topwater. The school bus and eagles nest areas back toward the mouth of Lake Kissimmee (C-54 canal)was fantastic on the final day. We caught 38 bass on topwater that day....even when the sun was shining we busted them. My buddy makes a buzzwalker bait that is the most weedless bait equippped with a buzzbait blade I have ever used.....we wore the fish out with it.
    other days we hit West Lake and fished some weeds off the bank with flukes and rattletraps and that is were we got into the big girls. The 9.2 and 8.7 came from there and about an hour apart. We also missed two that jump by the boat that looked the same or bigger. Plus add all the 3# class fish and that was another special day. That day was our only rainy and cool day.
    We fished a few bedding bass in West Lake but they were small....we caught them and moved on to other lures and techniques. I wish we could have stayed another few days because we had a few patterns that
    produced some weights and numbers. Watching the local tournaments weigh in at Camp Mack and West Lake proved to me we had some good patterns.
    Man oh MAN, I need to get down there this time of year sometime in my life.........

Maybe soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Man oh MAN, I need to get down there this time of year sometime in my life.........

Maybe soon.
    No doubt the trip has great potential. Cold fronts on Florida Bass can make a trip very tough so we try and go between February to April. January could be extremely awesome but man you are taking a big chance with the weather when planning a vacation a month or two ahead of time...Been fishing it since the late 80's when I lived there and it has only become better since those days. I lose a big one every time we go down there now!! Hahahahaha that's alright it will make that big momma catch even sweeter when I get her to the boat. We will go again next Spring and I'll let you know in advance.....the more boats the merrier.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt the trip has great potential. Cold fronts on Florida Bass can make a trip very tough so we try and go between February to April. January could be extremely awesome but man you are taking a big chance with the weather when planning a vacation a month or two ahead of time...Been fishing it since the late 80's when I lived there and it has only become better since those days. I lose a big one every time we go down there now!! Hahahahaha that's alright it will make that big momma catch even sweeter when I get her to the boat. We will go again next Spring and I'll let you know in advance.....the more boats the merrier.
    Can My 19 ft Tracker handle the water?
    Likes DJD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Yep...

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Can My 19 ft Tracker handle the water?
    It will have no problem fishing there.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post