Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Cumberland Reports

Going down this weekend to try my luck. Anyone have any recent reports? Going to be fishing for stripers, smallmouth, and possibly walleye. Any help is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was there last Friday and put in at Jamestown. Caught a rally nice Kentucky and several largemouths just under 15 inches on small swimbaits in the five fingers area. The best success was on windy bluff walls for smallmouth. I had only one over 18 inches, but I caught several others that put up a really good fight on a 7-foot jig rod. Strippers must be up shallow, because I heard several large fish break the surface. Water temp was 59 degrees and clear as normal.
    BTW: if you go on the weekend, Jamestown has a lot less parking because they're using that upper-level lot as a staging area for construction material. Give us a report back if you don't mind.
    Likes Tacklebag23 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 12VoltMan View Post
    I was there last Friday and put in at Jamestown. Caught a rally nice Kentucky and several largemouths just under 15 inches on small swimbaits in the five fingers area. The best success was on windy bluff walls for smallmouth. I had only one over 18 inches, but I caught several others that put up a really good fight on a 7-foot jig rod. Strippers must be up shallow, because I heard several large fish break the surface. Water temp was 59 degrees and clear as normal.
    BTW: if you go on the weekend, Jamestown has a lot less parking because they're using that upper-level lot as a staging area for construction material. Give us a report back if you don't mind.
    Thanks for the update. Sounds like you didn't pretty well; well done.

The bluff walls/chunk rock banks usually produce pretty well for me on smallies using medium sized crankbaits. Mind saying what you were catching them on? I'm going to try some tubes next time down on Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Thanks for the report. I'll post back on how we do!

Post Thanks / Like
    The big Kentucky's and decent largemouths were caught on 3-inch swimbaits. The big smallmouth and was on a Cabin Creek tube jig and many other good smallmouths were caught on ultravibe speedcrawls on shakeyhead. Look forward to how you do this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    The big Kentucky's and decent largemouths were caught on 3-inch swimbaits. The big smallmouth and was on a Cabin Creek tube jig and many other good smallmouths were caught on ultravibe speedcrawls on shakeyhead. Look forward to how you do this week.
    Thanks man. Picked me up some Berkly Power Tubes in 3.5 green pumpkin. Glad they may get some use. I'll post back how I do. Still trying to decide GRL or LC Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Stripers

Fished east end last weekend. All fish we caught we in upper third of creeks in small schools 15' down in 40'-30' fow pulling shiners .4 to .6 mph. Anything slower and they wouldn't hit. Several Smalley's also. Water temp 57-58.
    Likes Mean Morone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My Report

Well guys, drove down with a buddy this morning and had boat issues. Caught a spot off of the ramp and went below the dam. We caught a walleye and 8 trout down there. It appeared the bass would have been hitting though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Driving a couple hrs and having boat issues sux. Good thinking to come up with a plan B.