Search Fishin.com

Thread: Where to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Where to go.

May head out tomorrow. Just wondering where to go. Tville, Green, Barren, Rough or Nolin. Also wondering what the rain on Tuesday has done to the lakes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    May head out tomorrow. Just wondering where to go. Tville, Green, Barren, Rough or Nolin. Also wondering what the rain on Tuesday has done to the lakes?
    I wouldn't imagine the rain has affected water clarity much as it's been slow and steady. If I was going tomorrow, I'd go to Barren/Green/Rough/Nolin/T'ville in that order

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in the same boat as you. Thinking about heading out tommorrow too. going to be cold early. Tville, cedar or Cumberland. Tville is the safe pick for me as its closest and I have fished it 4 times in last couple of weeks and have a feel for whats happening. Really want to go to C Land but 4hrs round trip by yourself..............................

not worried about rain too much

Post Thanks / Like
    was at green on friday and monday . caught 26 on friday with a 5lb smallie and 2 4lb largemouths all on wiggle warts , had 19 on monday with most on a shakey head . water temps were 55 on friday and 53 on monday . most fish were on the bluffs. make sure you fish shallow enough to bounce the wiggle wart off something then pause for a second.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the GRL update. Sounds like you had 2 good days. That just gives me one more option to confuse me Not too familiar with GRL Been on it twice. once Musky fishing.

Whats the best ramp coming in off the BG parkway?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljaw01 View Post
    was at green on friday and monday . caught 26 on friday with a 5lb smallie and 2 4lb largemouths all on wiggle warts , had 19 on monday with most on a shakey head . water temps were 55 on friday and 53 on monday . most fish were on the bluffs. make sure you fish shallow enough to bounce the wiggle wart off something then pause for a second.
    Thanks a ton for this Green report. I've been really trying to figure this lake out and have never really tried cranking the bluffs (parallel or 45ing them). I keep seeing the ones over by Holmes Bend and they remind me a bit of Cumberland. I may give those a try next time. I've got some Craw colored Wiggle Warts burning holes in my tackle bag. Was going to head to Cumberland Friday as I have a better feel for what's going on, but may try GRL again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebag23 View Post
    Thanks for the GRL update. Sounds like you had 2 good days. That just gives me one more option to confuse me Not too familiar with GRL Been on it twice. once Musky fishing.

Whats the best ramp coming in off the BG parkway?
    Personally, I think the Site 1 Ramp is the best just past the dam. Off the parkway I'd take 55 north and Site 1 is just before you hit the tailwater area.

Post Thanks / Like

GRL

Went TO GRL today. 53 to 54.5F Launched beach loop rd ramp. went to right and fished bluffs, all the way to marina with house floats then crossed over and fished a few small coves. Not my day. Saw no shad on surface and only 2 small balls of shad on graph all day. probably a sign that I should have moved to different part of lake

Had no luck bouncing SPRO Rock Crawler on bluff banks. No luck on shakey head. Well lost one at boat when I finally moved out and fished in 14-19 ft of water. Tried deep crank further off bluffs without a hit. Then tried jerk bait on points/coves. Jerked it out of the mouth of a 2lb bass at boat. Then threw shakey head right back at him. He grabbed it and took off. Set hook and came back with only half my worm. Occasionally threw a jig with no luck. Finally went with lipless crank on points and into first half of coves. caught 5 but lost 6(all solid fish)and had one try to hit it as I lifted it out of water. Lost my bait to what I beleive was a musky.

Just one of those days I couldn'tget the fish in boat. Spent too much time trying for smallmouth on main lake. Should have focused on points/coves for bass. but always good to get out in December.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebag23 View Post
    Went TO GRL today. 53 to 54.5F Launched beach loop rd ramp. went to right and fished bluffs, all the way to marina with house floats then crossed over and fished a few small coves. Not my day. Saw no shad on surface and only 2 small balls of shad on graph all day. probably a sign that I should have moved to different part of lake

Had no luck bouncing SPRO Rock Crawler on bluff banks. No luck on shakey head. Well lost one at boat when I finally moved out and fished in 14-19 ft of water. Tried deep crank further off bluffs without a hit. Then tried jerk bait on points/coves. Jerked it out of the mouth of a 2lb bass at boat. Then threw shakey head right back at him. He grabbed it and took off. Set hook and came back with only half my worm. Occasionally threw a jig with no luck. Finally went with lipless crank on points and into first half of coves. caught 5 but lost 6(all solid fish)and had one try to hit it as I lifted it out of water. Lost my bait to what I beleive was a musky.

Just one of those days I couldn'tget the fish in boat. Spent too much time trying for smallmouth on main lake. Should have focused on points/coves for bass. but always good to get out in December.
    Thanks for the report. I was there about 2 weeks ago when the water temp was about 56-57 and had about the same type of day. Spent most of the day cranking chunkier main lake banks and not as much the bluffs but was specifically trying to catch Smallmouth as I've never caught one there.

I've picked up a few good Largemouth in the past on that bank that has a few laydowns leading up to the house marina. I've been debating all week where to go tomorrow on my off day and I guess I may lean now more towards Cumberland just do to the better Smallmouth population.

Thanks again for this report. I struggle to find a really good shaky head spot if it's not back in the very few "creeks" GRL has, which I don't even really consider creeks but more like big cuts/coves. I'll let everyone know how Cumberland goes tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished Wednesday. I fished points, bluffs creeks and everywhere else in between. Managed only 3 fish. They would have kept but nothing great. Two on cranks and one on flipping brush with a craw. Had fun
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post