Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Tourney / A humbling adventure

I hate to lose. But considering my indoctrination into fishing tourneys on Cumberland a very very humbling experience. My entry fee at the moment is more or less a donation but I relish in the fact that one day I will sneak up on these guy's with a big Ole bag! So much to learn and happy I have an opportunity to do it and glad to meet a group of hard working guys to push me a bit. Fishing to me is a puzzle and I have about 10 pieces of the 150 puzzle put together. Thanks to all those who have been kind in sharing information.
    Likes jcb, Tyme2fish, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good post. I haven't faired well in the tournaments I've fished either. I consider myself a good angler but man there are some guys out there that can flat land fish.

One thing that I love is I'll see a lot of guys roll in with the 60k dollar Ranger with what looks like 70" flat screen TVs for fish-finders and it usually seems to be a couple of good 'ole boys in their 25 year old boat with a 90hp Johnson that seem to place and win. I LOVE THAT! Those are the guys to learn from.
    Likes Tyme2fish, T_Clark, riverrat12, LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You might consider coming down here to Kentucky Lake and taking my Eliminating Water Class this winter. You just might find out that there are a lot less than 150 pieces to the puzzle. As a matter of fact, one of my opening statements in the class is that bass anglers over complicate a simple creature.

I have assisted a lot of folks over the years with this class in improving their bass fishing, many of them tournament anglers that now cash checks that never did before they took the class.

You can see a description of this class at the end of my last fishing report on the Kentucky Lake Reports page on this site.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    You might consider coming down here to Kentucky Lake and taking my Eliminating Water Class this winter. You just might find out that there are a lot less than 150 pieces to the puzzle. As a matter of fact, one of my opening statements in the class is that bass anglers over complicate a simple creature.

I have assisted a lot of folks over the years with this class in improving their bass fishing, many of them tournament anglers that now cash checks that never did before they took the class.

You can see a description of this class at the end of my last fishing report on the Kentucky Lake Reports page on this site.

Dave
    Blub, blub, send me your money! Get a life!!!! Ever consider grabbing a bible and going on TV?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool respect

Quote Originally Posted by FlyLie View Post
    Blub, blub, send me your money! Get a life!!!! Ever consider grabbing a bible and going on TV?
    This is what is wrong with the world today, people have little to no respect for others. How about if you don't like a post or you don't like someone, you just click the button and move on. You should try it and maybe pick up that bible you were talking about that, would help more than anything. Merry Christmas.
    Likes jcb, riverrat12, onthewater108 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Fly, Thats a little harsh.

I have never met or used dave as a guide but he provides Fishing reports on here and helpful post from time to time. By all accounts I have read or heard Dave is a heck of guy and helpful to many. He made a post about a class that may help the guy. No biggie.
    Likes jcb, riverrat12, LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever consider not being a jerk?
    Likes riverrat12, LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dam, damned: I is on me knees!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebag23 View Post
    Fly, Thats a little harsh.

I have never met or used dave as a guide but he provides Fishing reports on here and helpful post from time to time. By all accounts I have read or heard Dave is a heck of guy and helpful to many. He made a post about a class that may help the guy. No biggie.
    Guess that's OK then, he is only a MOD on this site, who is promoting his self interest!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your valuable input. I will give it all the consideration it deserves!

Merry Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Coming from a guy that wanted to guide people, in a creek behind a hatchery LOL. No wonder Mhall wanted to...well never mind.
    Likes chadmack282 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I took Dave Stewart class in 2012 . Best money I have ever spent on fishing. I have a couple days booked for 2017 as well. You will learn a lot and most importantly gain confidence. Made me a better fisherman.
    Likes LJP liked this post