Search Fishin.com

Thread: Remember when ?

Post Thanks / Like

Remember when ?

I'm sure most if not all of you, can remember back a few years when watching tv, and a commercial came on, about 95 % of the commercials were about fast food, some kind of kitchen cleaner, or clothes detergents, now the commercials are about 95% Pharmaceutical, they ask questions on the commercials, that everyone even the most healthiest people in the world will have one or two of the questions from the list that will apply to them, like if your nose ever has a hair growing out of it, or if you ever feel sad or happy, or if you ever stand by the ocean and feel small, you could be in need to visit your dr, to see if you need this pill we have, and after taking this pill and it has a side effect on you, we have another pill that could help that. they have commercials to push their pills for most everything we do during our daily walk of life. I think 99% of people that go to a Doctor to get a physical, end up on the pill train, I can't help but believe that the Pharmaceutical company's pay the Doctors to push their pills on people where they need them or not.the reason I posted this is I was in walmart today and the pill line was at the least 150 ft. long, with 4 women at the big window handing out the meds, I was thinking if some cops were to just stop the first 100 cars that came by, would they be as many as 5 cars with people in them, that hadn't taken a pill of some kind today, where it came from a drug dealer or a Dr. it just seams to me that most of the people now days are taking some kind of drugs.
    Likes Moveon, peter, Bill M of NJ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I'm sure most if not all of you, can remember back a few years when watching tv, and a commercial came on, about 95 % of the commercials were about fast food, some kind of kitchen cleaner, or clothes detergents, now the commercials are about 95% Pharmaceutical, they ask questions on the commercials, that everyone even the most healthiest people in the world will have one or two of the questions from the list that will apply to them, like if your nose ever has a hair growing out of it, or if you ever feel sad or happy, or if you ever stand by the ocean and feel small, you could be in need to visit your dr, to see if you need this pill we have, and after taking this pill and it has a side effect on you, we have another pill that could help that. they have commercials to push their pills for most everything we do during our daily walk of life. I think 99% of people that go to a Doctor to get a physical, end up on the pill train, I can't help but believe that the Pharmaceutical company's pay the Doctors to push their pills on people where they need them or not.the reason I posted this is I was in walmart today and the pill line was at the least 150 ft. long, with 4 women at the big window handing out the meds, I was thinking if some cops were to just stop the first 100 cars that came by, would they be as many as 5 cars with people in them, that hadn't taken a pill of some kind today, where it came from a drug dealer or a Dr. it just seams to me that most of the people now days are taking some kind of drugs.
    Yep people want a quick fix. Patience, knowledge and hard work are hard to find....meaning people could fix or prevent many illnesses by the way they eat and live but that takes discipline and knowledge of nutrition and fitness.
    Likes dragmerc, LJP, Bill M of NJ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Pay attention...........there also was a time when you'd advertise a product, and what it did, and that was it.

Now you spend 5 seconds of a 30 second spot advertising the product, and 25 seconds spewing legal eze and crap about what the product, might do in a case your'e not a "perfect" candidate to use it.

The single biggest driver in health costs today is the billions and billions a year in TORT cases.

Nearly every doctor will fight some type of malpractice in their career....that is sad, and needs to be dealt with.

The life saving drugs we take sometimes don't work and sometimes have adverse side effects. That is the cost of taking life saving drugs.

FUN.
    Likes Bill M of NJ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    Yes. Stay off the pills if you can. Research other ways to fix t the problem. It might take some effort but my thinking is that that is better than the pills.
    Likes Bandit1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get how any Pharma company can advertise a prescription drug, like any body can go and tell a Doctor, a professional at his job I might add, what meds they should have or he should fill a prescription for. Kind of like the Big Bang Theory episode that Sheldon thought he had some crazy disease and it was a common cold or something, makes me wonder how many people have a symptom and hit the WebMD to figure out what it could be before going to the doctor and THINK they know what they have so they can tell him what to prescribe. Like the people who say I have a cramp and run to the ER to find out its just a gas pain, the ER nurse gotta love that stuff.