Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Night fishing light

Would you guys please recommend a good light to add to my Bass Tracker? I'm wanting it for bass fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might depend on how much you want to spend, and/or how you intend to mount them. There's a ton of different brands and styles to choose from ... including box/bulb styles, box/LED styles, or LED strips.

I use the old style Stan Sloan double bulb (box/bulb) and a BPS single bulb (box/bulb) style blacklights ... w/battery clips & suction cup mounts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Water Spud View Post
    Would you guys please recommend a good light to add to my Bass Tracker? I'm wanting it for bass fishing.
    there are a lot of black lights out there and all with a different price, a few years back i installed 3 strips of black lights down each side of my boat, placed them inside the rubrail, no need to be removed and stored away after fishing all night, I have another black light about 8" square it plugs in a slot on the side of my boat, it will light up your fishing line about 25 yards away, I still use it because it has both the black light and a white light, when I get a fishing lure hung in a bush alone the lakeshore, I like having a white light to turn on when getting close to shore, because the bushes can have snakes laying in them, and a few years ago i used a cheap black light about 40.00 bucks at walmart, about 18" long 4" wide with sucktion cups that hold it to the side of the boat, and it did juat as good a job as any of the others, it was good at lighting up the fishing line for about 25 yards.

Post Thanks / Like
    I might add that my black lights w/suction cups are fine for fiberglass boats with a wide gunnel ... but, a buddy of mine had a Tracker TX17 and had a couple of mounting platforms made from aluminum, that he screwed into the floor of the front & back raised decks, on which he could mount black lights w/suction cups.

Post Thanks / Like

Who carries them on central ky

Pappie where do you find them around central Ky? Thanks for all the info and help

Post Thanks / Like

blacklight

here's one you may like, free shipping right to your door.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIGHT-CHASER...85928?hash=ite

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Water Spud View Post
    Pappie where do you find them around central Ky? Thanks for all the info and help
    Pretty sure Sportsman's Whse or Cabela's would have something, maybe even Dick's Sporting Goods or Wal-mart ... not sure, since I haven't had to look for any in decades.

What you want may dictate where you get it. Blue Water LED has LED strip kits. Last time I saw the Nucli-eye (box/led) style blacklight, it was at Backwaters Outfitters (Lexington).

And like I said ... how & where you intend to mount it & hook it up may dictate what you get. From what I've seen, when out night fishing, they all do a good job of lighting up the line/water/bank ... regardless of brand or style.

I don't think either one of the ones I have are even made anymore ... but, there's plenty of other brands & styles to choose from. I just wouldn't bother with any box/bulb model that had a bulb less than 12" long. I've fished over the "little ones" before, and they weren't much count, in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about the Led Strip lights from amazon. I put a set on my camper awning you can change to any color you want. The blacklight color does illuminate mono. They are pretty tough,been on for 3 or 4 years and no problems. I have $20 in them and they are 16 feet long.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you plug in those $20 Amazon LED lights? My boat is pretty simple, it has a couple 12V batteries on it and no other power source, not even a cigarette lighter. Also, how do you attach them to the boat? It's my first boat and I want to get it setup before the warm weather rolls back around.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are 12 volt through a 110 ac power supply. You can buy with or without power supply( cheaper with out ). Go to Radio Shack and get plug that fits lights and wire in to a 12 volt system via a switch.

Post Thanks / Like
    when u get tired of replacing junk, get a Moonlite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have one moonlite and move it to the side you're fishing?