Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sglass View Post
    I would use braided line as well. It helps with the hookset thru the junk and it is very difficult to break. If you use a hollow body frog shorten the legs a quarter and make one of the legs a quarter shorter than the other. Once you hit the open water it will walk like a spook on the top. I have used a frog around duckweed and wood ALOT! Like the other guys have posted WAIT when they blow up on it and feel the pull and set the hook like your gonna yank them out of the water. I would also recommend setting the hook upwards and do not sweep because the hooks are on top of the bait and you will get them in the roof of the mouth or top lip most of the time. Hope this helps!

Shawn
    When you say to shorten them a quarter, do you mean shorten them to a quarter of their original length? Or cut off a quarter of their length? Sounds a little confusing typing that out, but hopefully you understand what I'm asking.

Post Thanks / Like
    A quarter off of their length. There are some frogs (like Strike King and Spro) that don't need them cut in order to walk them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM4A1 View Post
    A quarter off of their length. There are some frogs (like Strike King and Spro) that don't need them cut in order to walk them.
    Alright, that's what I thought he meant, but wanted to make sure. I already have some Booyah Pad Crashers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGhostMan View Post
    When you say to shorten them a quarter, do you mean shorten them to a quarter of their original length? Or cut off a quarter of their length? Sounds a little confusing typing that out, but hopefully you understand what I'm asking.
    Shorten 1 a quarter and the other about half and you will get great walking action out of them. I shorten all my frogs legs no matter the brand seems I have better walking action out of them but that's just me.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Swmb

I always have luck in grassy ponds and lakes (even Okeechobee) on a strike king swimming caffeine shad with a screwlock belly weighted texas style hook. i will reel it on the top, close to the top, slow roll it, burn it and stop it, etc. You could probably use any swimbait, i just like those, in a pearl white color or green pumpkin pearl belly. Use this correctly, you will catch fish (but maybe not this time of year)
    Likes GreenGhostMan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slamson71 View Post
    I always have luck in grassy ponds and lakes (even Okeechobee) on a strike king swimming caffeine shad with a screwlock belly weighted texas style hook. i will reel it on the top, close to the top, slow roll it, burn it and stop it, etc. You could probably use any swimbait, i just like those, in a pearl white color or green pumpkin pearl belly. Use this correctly, you will catch fish (but maybe not this time of year)
    A swimbait is no doubt good in grass. I normally use a swimjig with a swimbait as a trailer, but it doesn't seem to work when there is muck on top of the grass. Always clumps on my lure and fouls the action.