Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Shaky Head - Lake Cumberland

Hey guys,

I've caught a few in the past on Shaky Head down there but I've never felt quite comfortable with my setup for this lake. At other lakes Rough, Green, Nolin, Taylorsville, I'll throw an 1/8oz Ultrahead with a 6" fat roboworm in Green Pumpkin or Morning Dawn. Just feel like an 1/8 is too light and I don't really feel like it gets down quick enough.

Was curious to hear your setups for Lake Cumberland on Shaky Head. If you go up to 3/16 or heavier head size due to the greater depth and what colors are your favorite for the clearer water.

Post Thanks / Like
    I generally have a lot of luck on the shake-e-worm at the Big C but always go 3/16 D&L. Rarely do I step it up to a 1/4. Greens and Purples always seen to work well for me. Some dip-n-glo on the tail helps if you need to catch some spots. Biggest tip...just be patient and let your bait get down there before starting to dance it around. If you are not popping it in and on rocks (and getting hung up from time to time) then you arent there yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use 1/4 and 5/16 spot remover pro model head with trick worms,all colors. And if you use dip and dye use no more than a1/16 of and inch on the end,too much will turn them off.
    Likes OutdoorLife liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies guys. Thinking of moving down to a 4 1/2" worm due to time of year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was using 3/16 D&L with missile fuse about 4". Bites were there just couldn't keep them buttoned.

Post Thanks / Like
    I typically throw a 3/16 D&L head in green with a 7 inch Reaction Innovations worm in watermelon and black flake or Watermelon and red flake. They also have a black with red flake I like depending on the water color. If the bite is pretty light I will change the worm to their 5 inch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies guys, helped me determine I should be throwing the 3/16.