Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Pros/cons on Garmin echomap 93sv

Thanks for any info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out their lake maps coverage and compare it to the lakes you fish. Several decent lakes in KY don't have very good mapping with Garmin and you don't have the option to use a lake master or navionics card with them.

Post Thanks / Like

garmin

I am thinking of getting this same items. Be interested in feedback you get.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like mine very easy to use

Post Thanks / Like
    You should have seen the line at BPS for those Garmin units they had on sale at the spring classic.

Me, I opted for the Helix 9 . I LOVE the unit. I purchased it for 849. By the time they took off all the "magic" I had, I ended up only spending 450 bucks, and that included the ram mount.

I also got triple rewards for 30 bucks, a 50 dollar gift card from BPS for spending 800 bucks, and there was a 50 dollar rebate.

TALK about a freakin crazy good deal.

And I caught 70 bass using it two days later.

Yea,

later,

Geo
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

George have you seen the new Sonex Units yet?

They keep improving their units every year.

Does your allow you to use the Autochart live feature? I'm thinking about getting a humminbird unit that will let me map this 200 acre strip pit that I fish. It's close to home and I use to go there a lot and catch crappie. It's pretty featureless though and not hardly any stumps or wood in the water. There are just a few sticks that stick up off the bottom. They attrack some fish but are hard to find on the depth finder. What it needs is some man made structure or brush piles put into the fishable water that not 60 ft deep and under the thermocline. These strip pits are normally just a straight sided hole in the earth. but this one has some grass and shallow area to fish. Not any real points though. Mostly straight sides. Once someone stole a box truck from this company and drove it down the launch ramp and into the pit. The truck settled down in about 20 to 30 ft of water on the bottom. No one new it was there. I found it on my 898C SI Humminbird Unit after I launched my boat and was told that it was a old mine building. I believed them. But I saw a marker buoy over it one day and later decided to fish it. The Marker was gone by the time I got back to that spot as I had gone down the lake a way after first seeing the marker there. When I came back to the launch ramp the marker was gone. But I knew exactly why they had dropped that marker and began using the sonar to find the building. I caught about 25 crappie off that building. It turned out later that it was the stolen truck. The IDNR had found it and sent divers down in the lake to attack cables to the truck and pulled it up out of the water. There was a picture in the local news paper with the truck and it showed fish inside the floor of the truck when the IDNR guys opened the back doors on the truck and allowed the photographer to take a photo of the truck after they pulled it out of the water. That was my best fishing spot and it only lasted a few days after I had rediscovered it under the water and finally fished it. I still have the screen shot on my back up hard drive somewhere I hope. I lost my hard drive a while back when reinstalling windows 10 the second time due to a bad video card that over heated. But I think I saved all the photos onto another external hard drive for safe keeping. It's just hard to locate an individual photo on that external hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    You should have seen the line at BPS for those Garmin units they had on sale at the spring classic.

Me, I opted for the Helix 9 . I LOVE the unit. I purchased it for 849. By the time they took off all the "magic" I had, I ended up only spending 450 bucks, and that included the ram mount.

I also got triple rewards for 30 bucks, a 50 dollar gift card from BPS for spending 800 bucks, and there was a 50 dollar rebate.

TALK about a freakin crazy good deal.

And I caught 70 bass using it two days later.

Yea,

later,

Geo
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post