Search Fishin.com

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

USI Crappie University learn how to crappie fish

http://www.crappieuniversity.com/

https://www.usi.edu/outreach/lifelon...ng-techniques/

The University of Southern In. outreach program is having Crappie University come to campus and teach people how to better fish for Crappie.

X-perts in the field will lecture at the Universtity this coming February 13th 15th 22nd and 27th. 2017.

I'm just giving notice now that this class is coming very soon. Registration fee is $89 and you can pay online with a visa card. Check out the USI web site I posted above.

You can google "crappie university" and find the details that way too.

The Crappie University web site will give you the details of all their instructors and also the places and times of the seminars. And you will find the link to the USI web site for registration there as well.

I think that the actual registration is done at the USI web site.

You don't have to be a full time college student at USI to attend these seminars. They are from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM after hours. So if you work you can still attend.

Hopefully we can get enough people to register and attend the classes. If not they may canel this. That's what happened at the University of Cincinnatti this years.

Russ Baily will be one of the guest speakers. I have met Russ while fishing at KY lake. He's a good guy and has fished and video taped many programs for his TV fishing show. So he has met and fished with some of the other Crappie Fishing Pros who fish the Crappie Fishing Tournaments though out the country. This is one guy you don't want to miss hear talking about crappie fishing. He is full of knowledge and is a good speaker too. Ralph Riley is the other guest speaker.

So check this out guys. Hey it's the middle of winter now and there is not much other things to do regaring fishing. What have you got to lose?

PS: I called the people out at USI and talked the people in the USI Outreach and Engagement Office. I talked with a lady named Peggy. She advised that as if Monday Feb 6th 2017 that they had around 25 people signed up to take this class. I found out from her that the $89 fee covers all four days which included four different speakers over four different days. So it's a better deal in my opinion. Well worth the money. They need 50 people to make the class a go. If they don't get over 50 people then they will cancel the class and refund your money according to Peggy.
    You can call the USI outreach and engagement office at 812 464 1989 and talk to them about enrolling in this class or just to find out more information. The links I posted about will take you to the USI site where you can register online for this class. Also you can go to the www.crappieuniversity.com web site and check out their instructors. Some of the best tournament crappie fishermen in the world are here. I can taste the baked crappie fillets right now as I'm tying this. Man this is making me hungry and ready to get out and catch a mess of big slab crappies.

PSS: USI did a similar class for bass fishermen and the feedback that I heard was positive. Everyone that I talked to that took that bass fishing university class was happy that they took the class. Like I said "what have you got to lose". Learn some new techniques and ways to not only locate but to catch more crappie YEAR ROUND. Yes crappie can be targeted and caught not only in the spring time when they are spawning in shallow water but in the summer time when they suspend right above the thermocline and range along the drop offs chasing big schools of shad. And they can be caught in the Fall and Winter months as well. In fact some of the best crappie fishing is in the fall when the water temps drop to 50 deg and they start to feed in order to fatten up for the winter months. In the winter months they can be found grouped up in huge schools in the deep water sanctuaries. If you can locate them you can catch a mess of slab crappie in a few hours. It's all about knowing their habits and this class will help you learn this information and be able to fish for crappie all around the country year round.
    Last edited by Moveon; 02-06-2017 at 10:58 AM.