Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Proposal for a new Lake Cumberland Marina: Marina @Rowena

I have attached a .pdf document that was forwarded to me. Have you all seen this? thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rowena Public Notice 02 03 2017.pdf  

Post Thanks / Like

marina

i cant remember the "exacts" of it but i do remember this has been proposed/discussed in the past (maybe more than once) and it always just seemed to die out and be forgotten. i personally dont like the idea, we already have enough marinas, ramps, traffic, crowds and on and on. i guess its like that old saying "everybody moves to the country, until everybody lives in that new city that used to be "country"
    but thats just my opinion and theyve got a saying about those too

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard it was put out there and an agreement reached with Tony Slone. Then the offer was pulled due to timing. The proposal was put back out there again and another agreement with Tony Slone had been reached. If so I figured this had moved to the planning stages. But this is all "Lake talk" so take it for what it's worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    That would pretty much mess up that part of the main lake. Odd place to put a marina right in the main channel when there are four other marinas minutes away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    That would pretty much mess up that part of the main lake. Odd place to put a marina right in the main channel when there are four other marinas minutes away.

What if they put it in the 4th big slew up on that side, and didn't encroach on main channel.

With the ramps at the Dam, seems like this marina would only need fuel access, place to eat, gift shop, and a bait shop (but the bait shop has to stock suckers and shad 100% of the time)

Post Thanks / Like

rowena...

if i remember correctly the proposed location for this marina would be on the clinton county side (south side). access to this marina would be via hwy 558 off hwy 90 . i might be wrong (probably so dont quote me) but the last time this thing fell through there was some confusion about the actual size and acreage of the property, when all was said and done it was going to encompass around 100 acres of water and 300 acres of land. if this is the case that is A HUGE amount of public water that will fall under the "ownership" of the leasee.
    for crying out loud theres not a 100 acres of water between jamestown and the state dock.
    once again, please dont quote me on this, i am trying to remember what i read in the clinton county newspaper and its been a couple of years since i read it. but i think im pretty close in most of it

Post Thanks / Like
    The location, from what I heard, is on the South side. It would be back in the cove where the old Rowena road ends (and is a ramp now). My guess is the entire cove\creek out to the main would be used. It's just a guess...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duayne View Post
    The location, from what I heard, is on the South side. It would be back in the cove where the old Rowena road ends (and is a ramp now). My guess is the entire cove\creek out to the main would be used. It's just a guess...
    This is correct from the info and map I have seen. There is some confusion on the location with the name Rowena on both sides of the lake.
    There was a old tire painted white up in a tree to mark the entrance to this cove.

Post Thanks / Like
    For grins I pulled up Goggle Earth Pro. Zoomed in on Jamestown Marina, then State Dock. Cool thing about that app is it lets you draw a square on the map and then measure the size in acres. Jamestown including the waters on both sides and around back the motel island along with boat docks out front and 1/2 the distance between it and State dock was 85-90 acres.

The full floating part of State dock with surrounding waters was 90-100 acres.

Approximate of course because it depends on how much surrounding waters you include.

What I got doing that was trying to image something like the size of state dock fitting in a slew anywhere close to the dam. Next thing I thought of how much traffic that would generate in the area, and how bad it would screw up Fall jumps in the dam area. And last......Would that create more traffic on 127 or what?

Then I thought, okay, I'll go along with it so long as the dock restaurante is a White Castles :-)