Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Bluegrass Fish & Wildlife

I have been fishing at BG FWA for 2 years now. Here you will find cat, lmb, smb, crappie, bluegill, muskie, carp, and spotted gar. I mainly fish from a standard kayak with lots of success. I have fished every body of water on the property either in my kayak, or shoreline. The best shoreline action is on the pond East of the South end of loon pit. I usually catch 3-4 bass there each trip. In spring of 16' I saw someone pull out a 5lb'r after he had caught 15 bass. Weedless worms work best. Lots of thick vegetation. Now, in the yak, the best spot is the north end of the BG pit. This pit is loaded with spotted gar. But they don't seem to be much of a problem since everytime I go I see multiple schools of shad. I've fished this spot about 20 times the past 2 year and have only been skunked 2-3 times. My best day I caught 8 lmb. 1lb being the smallest, and 3.5 lb being the biggest, and my PB. I've had action using soft baits and hard baits. Not much action on top water, however, I lack some skill in the department. But if you're looking for solid fishing, BG is a sure thing. I'll be heading out there within the next week or so to get acquainted with my new rod and reel set up. I'll post with the details. Catch and Release.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, it's a good lake. Watch out on the very far north end of BG, it is private. Good luck, have fun, and throw em back!

Post Thanks / Like

The two buoys mark where the Privte part of the lake begins

Tom Newmaster owns that part up on the North End of Blue Grass pit in the Blue Grass Fish and Wildlife Area. He purchased almost all the land from AMEX coal Company before the State got it's land. I'm friends with the guy that was the land acquisitions Program for the State IDEM Fish and Wild Life Division. Mark wanted to buy all the stuff but Tom beat him to is. The State was flow to give Mark the funds to buy all of the old AMAX Mine. They didn't shut the mine down until the late Seventies. Well after Jimmy Carter singed into law the Surface Mining Reclamation Act. One of these days I'm going to ask Mark how the State got buy without reclaiming all that land back to it's original contours and where all the top soil was put during the actually mining of the coal. My guess is that the coal was already dug out and the top soil disposed of before the signing of the Law. So they didn't have to save the top soil before they started mining that place. I can't think of the name of that AMAX mine right now for some reason. It's just North of Heim Road in Vanderburgh County. Heim Road is just North of Pigeon creek in this area. And the mine runs all the way up to the County Line Road in Vanderburgh County IN on the Western Parts of the pits. The land to the East of county line road that runs north and south is in Warrick County and most of the lakes out there are in Warrick County, IN.

Mark Reiter is now the Director of the IDNR Fish and Wildlife Division. His boss is the director of IDNR. Mark and I took some of the same college classes at Purdue back in 1995 and that's where I first met him. It was in the Wildlife Biology class that I first met Mark and we sat next to each other in class. We ended up being good friends and drinking buddies back then and use to study for tests together. After graduation Mark and Mike Fox ( US Fish and Wildlife Secrete Agent Guy and class mate of ours) took a trip to Mark's Grandparents house up in Eau Clair Wisconsin for a few days before we all went back home and went our separate ways. We still call each other from time to time and I've been up to Indy to have dinner with Mark and his wife Linda and their kids. He's not only a really smart guy with a near photo graphic memory but he is a good man. Mark quit the IDNR for a while and worked for the NRA a few years before returning back to IDNR F&W Division. There he moved up the line to become the full time director of the agency. He started out at Glendale Fish and Wildlife Area in 1977. And I worked for the EPA after graduation starting in 1977.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley1487 View Post
    Yup, it's a good lake. Watch out on the very far north end of BG, it is private. Good luck, have fun, and throw em back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Geo. I just want people to have fun fishing and if that means more boats, so be it. If people abide by the limits, practice catch and release, there will still be good fishing.

Sure, I want the lake to myself but fishing is for everyone to enjoy. I'll gladly share the lake and knowledge with anyone who asks. It's just the right thing to do. I want everyone to have some fun.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys have fun out there. I may rejoin the party again.

I left to that others could better enjoy the lake. I leaving meant that there was one less boat out there. I normally fish during the middle of the week when it's not as crowded.

Now if I'm crappie fishing and drop shoting then it's not a problem when there area a lot of other boats on the lake. Most of the time all I need is a ten to twenty foot diameter section of the lake for my needs.

It's when I'm trying to troll crank baits along the drop off near the shore line that too many boats on the lake causes problems for my style of fishing.

I don't want others to stop fishing just for me. That's not how I think. That would not be right. I'll leave before I ask others to. But do think that too many people on the lake lowers the quality of everyone's trip in some way. Maybe other's like it when there are lots of people out there fishing. But my style of fishing included some solitude. Maybe it's because I'm getting older.

Bluegrass is a nice facility and has plenty of little lakes to fish. If I had a kayak and was younger I'd be fishing those smaller pits that not many other's fish. They hold fish. It's that Bluegrass being the second largest pit with the best ramp gets all the attention IMHO. The ramp at Loon South end is not deep enough to launch without getting mud/coal fines sucked up into your motor's cooling system. My boat at has this problem because I don't have tilt trim on my motor and have to manually tip it up to motor in shallower waters. That's a real pain for me to do these days so I avoid the south end launch ramp at Loon these days with my boat for that reason alone. Now the North end has the concrete ramp but no place on the side of the ramp to beach your boat except for the ramp itself due to the concreted in rip rap rocks on each side of the concrete launch ramp. Unlike the South End of Bluegrass Launch ramp where there is some soft dirt areas that allow you to park your boat after launching when you drive your truck back to the parking spot. And the parking lot at Bluegrass's South End is more visible as it's closer to the road than the one at Loon. Plus the South end Parking lot at Bluegrass Pit is much larger than the one at the North end of Loon Pit.

The thing that I would like to do is get the new Sonex type sonar Unit from Humminbird and map the Pit's using the Automap software on that unit. To me that would be fun to do. Tedious and yes a lot of work but having a personal accurate map of the lake bottom on these pits would be well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley1487 View Post
    Well said Geo. I just want people to have fun fishing and if that means more boats, so be it. If people abide by the limits, practice catch and release, there will still be good fishing.

Sure, I want the lake to myself but fishing is for everyone to enjoy. I'll gladly share the lake and knowledge with anyone who asks. It's just the right thing to do. I want everyone to have some fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you realize that

The more we post about BG the more people that come to fish there and the more crowded it gets?

I used to fish there a lot and post about it but these days there are more and more people fishing it day and night. Even at 3 am you will find people fishing out there from the concrete ramps even in the winter months.

But I may start fishing again if I can get out there some times this spring. I think that sometime in March will be good for crappie. I was looking at some of the new Humminbird Sonar units and that got me to thinking about buying one that can be used to personally map those lakes with the Sonar GPS and depth finder and the auto live program on certain Humminbird Sonar Units. I have a Humminbird 898C SI unit with the Lake master map but I would like to do some mapping and improve the accuracy and resolution of the lake master maps of Bluegrass, Loon and Otter pits. But I hate thinking about the cost of those darn things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike92 View Post
    I have been fishing at BG FWA for 2 years now. Here you will find cat, lmb, smb, crappie, bluegill, muskie, carp, and spotted gar. I mainly fish from a standard kayak with lots of success. I have fished every body of water on the property either in my kayak, or shoreline. The best shoreline action is on the pond East of the South end of loon pit. I usually catch 3-4 bass there each trip. In spring of 16' I saw someone pull out a 5lb'r after he had caught 15 bass. Weedless worms work best. Lots of thick vegetation. Now, in the yak, the best spot is the north end of the BG pit. This pit is loaded with spotted gar. But they don't seem to be much of a problem since everytime I go I see multiple schools of shad. I've fished this spot about 20 times the past 2 year and have only been skunked 2-3 times. My best day I caught 8 lmb. 1lb being the smallest, and 3.5 lb being the biggest, and my PB. I've had action using soft baits and hard baits. Not much action on top water, however, I lack some skill in the department. But if you're looking for solid fishing, BG is a sure thing. I'll be heading out there within the next week or so to get acquainted with my new rod and reel set up. I'll post with the details. Catch and Release.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    The more we post about BG the more people that come to fish there and the more crowded it gets?

I used to fish there a lot and post about it but these days there are more and more people fishing it day and night. Even at 3 am you will find people fishing out there from the concrete ramps even in the winter months.

But I may start fishing again if I can get out there some times this spring. I think that sometime in March will be good for crappie. I was looking at some of the new Humminbird Sonar units and that got me to thinking about buying one that can be used to personally map those lakes with the Sonar GPS and depth finder and the auto live program on certain Humminbird Sonar Units. I have a Humminbird 898C SI unit with the Lake master map but I would like to do some mapping and improve the accuracy and resolution of the lake master maps of Bluegrass, Loon and Otter pits. But I hate thinking about the cost of those darn things.
    It's a double edged sword......you don't want to post about your spots, but you DO want folks to be fishing.

Fishing and Hunting in general are down, which is why funding is down. If you want more funding, including licenses, and directed taxes, people MUST use the resource.

Wishing people will fish, but not fish your spot, which was SPECIFICALLY created to get people involved in that region, defeats the purpose.

I understand........I completely UNDERSTAND, but maybe the "over crowding" will lead to more state waters, which is GREAT.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is not just other fishermen there

The problem is too many people of all kinds for me. I enjoyed this area when there were less people. I use to go there a lot when it first opened and it was trolling motor only. Not many big bass boat were there. I fish for crappie mainly and could sit in one spot all day long and wait for a big school of crappie to come in to my special spot. Not often did I find anyone else fishing in my spot. One day a guy watched me catch some fish from a distance. Also I was talking to one of the IDNR guys that were checking in people's fish. They weight and measure the fish and took notes while doing this lake survey for IDNR one summer. The next day I found this older guy fishing in the spot I had fished the day before. Maybe he already knew about it and I was fishing in his spot and didn't realize it? .

These days there are a lot of people buying the small kayaks and they are using Blue grass's Bigger Pits a lot. They have every right to be there but I prefer to fish when there are not as many people on the water. I was fishing in the heat of the day in the hot summer months and it was not as crowded for a while as most fishermen leave the water by 10 am. But the people in Kayaks are out there in the middle of the day and it's hard to troll a break line when there are other boats in the way every 100 yards. So I just put the boat in the garage for the last two years. I may fish some more this spring if the weather is nice. I'd hate to sell my boat but I may. I fish by myself and it's getting harder for me to steady myself these days. I fell out of the boat once a few years back and that got me to thinking. What if the boat blows away with the wind faster than I can swim to it and get back in. I wear a life jacket these days as my swimming days are over. So it's hard to catch the boat swimming to it with the bulky life jacket on. An the launch ramp water is not covered with as much water these days at Bluegrass Pit where I liked to fish. The county installed a new culvert under the road/dam that blocks the water from flowing from BlueGrass Pit to the North into Loon Pit to the South. The water level at Blue grass had been getting too high before they installed the new pipe. Now it's too low. They had to replace the old pipe and I guessed it was because it got plugged up. There are beavers in these waters and they will **** up any running water that they hear. So it's possible that they stuck too many pieces of wood in the culvert pipe and the country could not clear the pipe of the wood so they just replaced it with a new one. They had to dig up the road for a couple of days. Anyway, now the water level is much lower and the end of the concrete ramp is in shallower water and your trailer wheels can some times fall off the end of the concrete ramp. There is a big hole in the dirt bottom at the end of the concrete and it's more likely to fall off into that hole when the water is shallower. When the water was way up it covered the top part of the concrete ramp these past few springs. The top part of the ramp is not as steep as the bottom end and it's hard for me to get my boat off the boat trailer when the water is high. I don't have 4 wheel drive and if my back tires get in the water the algae growing on the concrete can make my tires slip and I can't get back up the ramp. I've had to be towed by another vehicle one time when that happened in the past.

I've been fishing for years and enjoy it but I'm not a die hard. I'm more of a fair weather fishermen these days. I'm not a spring chicken anymore. I never really did like fishing in the rain though. And although I've fish in cold weather and caught fish it was not really my most favorite cup of tea. I love spring time fishing when the Bradford pear trees are in bloom and the weather is sunny and calm and not too hot or cold. I still have some freezer burned fillets in my freezer that have been in there for way too long. I need to feed them to the cats that hang around the yard and get rid of them and replace them with some fresh fish fillets. I can't eat fried fish anymore since I had the open heart surgery and the heart attacks. I loved fried crappie but not I have to bake it as it's healthier for me. So I don't eat as much fish as it's a pain to bake the fish. I have a small electric oven that I can bake fish in but it's very old and the shut off contact metal is warped and rusted. I had to take it apart and clean the metal up. The metal expands when it get hotter and that moves the metal connection from the other power button and turns the oven off. When the oven cools the metal spring thing moves back to make an electrical contact and turns the oven back on again. I used this oven when I was in college about 40 years ago so it's not a spring chicken anymore. But it still is operable if you can figure out the temperature settings to use. The temperature settings and the knob that adjusts the temperature of the oven is not as accurate as it was when it was new. So now I use a digital laser thermometer to measure the temperature of the oven on the inside and adjust the control knob to get the temp that I want. I wrap the fillets in aluminum foil and add butter and lemon juice to them before wrapping them in the foil and putting them in the oven. They come out pretty good. I just have to figure out how long to cook them at the various temperature settings. I use to use a fry daddy and vegetable oil or peanut oil to fry the crappie fillets. Man this discussion is making me hungry for some crappie fillets. LOL I can smell them cooking in the oil now. My old next door neighbor had a bigger fry daddy and we use to fry up a lot more fillets at one time with his fry daddy. We would eat the fired crappie fillets on bread and add some tarter sauce to them. I could go for some smoke port butts. Smokem for about 10 to 16 hours and the meat just falls off the bones.

Now I'm getting myself back into the mood for fishing. It was about 60 deg F outside today and I cleaned the gutters on the house and then picked up a bunch of limbs that fell out of the trees into the yard. I burned one big limb that was 3ft long and about 10" in diameter that fell out of my Ash tree during the last storm. Part of it was rotten and part of it was still solid. It was heavy too. It took me a while to get it into the wheel barrow and move it to the back yard burn spot. I've been collection twigs and small limbs that fall out of the trees during the storms and adding them to my burn pile since last summer. And I have about 9 tomato steaks that I used in the garden. I stored them leaning against the brick wall on the back of the house. I found all of them with termite trails and eaten wood. So I burned them as well to kill the termites. I now need to treat the house for termites. Before this last fall I had water in my crawl space and the ground was too wet for termites around the foundation. They would drown in all that water. I never saw any evidence of them inside the crawl space. But I had the basement water proofed and the crawl space it dried now. So I knows that I need to treat the house for termites now. I've had them inside a old dog house back in 1989 when we first moved into the house. And I've seem them flying off or out of an old sassafras tree in my back yard in the spring. So I know that they are around. My neighbor had them in his door framing and had to replace the wood in his back door framing. They can do a lot of damage without you knowing that they are there until the house falls in one day. Opps. So I'm going to call terminix real soon. Its going to be 60 deg F again tomorrow. A good day to go shooting guns. Oh yea that's my new hobby. I have all these boxes of shooting supplies parked right in front of my boat in my attached garage. I have them there to make it easy to pack them into the bed of my pick up truck when I go shooting. But they get in the way of getting the boat out of the garage. So that's another reason why I don't fish as much these days. I'm going shooting instead. Love my new Walther's PPQ M2 4" Semi Automatic Pistol and my Ambush Firearms AR15 in Real Tree Camo, topped off with a EOTech EXPS3-4 sight and a G33 magnifier. All I need now is a PV14 Night Vision scope to add to the AR15 for night hunting coyotes and hogs if I can find them around here. I talked with a guy the other day who goes down to TN with a bunch of other guys to hunt wild hogs. Now that sounds like it would be fun and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    It's a double edged sword......you don't want to post about your spots, but you DO want folks to be fishing.

Fishing and Hunting in general are down, which is why funding is down. If you want more funding, including licenses, and directed taxes, people MUST use the resource.

Wishing people will fish, but not fish your spot, which was SPECIFICALLY created to get people involved in that region, defeats the purpose.

I understand........I completely UNDERSTAND, but maybe the "over crowding" will lead to more state waters, which is GREAT.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for more money for the IDNR though increased usage.

I saw on the KY board that the State of KY is thinking about raising more money for controlling the Asian Carp though increases in the boat registration fees. See my post about that. I like the idea of a small increase in fees to help the DNR's do a better job. The problem that I see is that all the money taken in doesn't guarantee that it will ALL go to the DNR. Some may be grabbed up by the politicians for other uses.

This has been happening with the state of IN funding. IDNR doesn't get the funding it really needs to make thing better for the users.

For example the launch ramps at Bluegrass Last year were closed off due to problems that were not fixed in a timely manner. It took weeks to get the ramp at the North End of Loon Pit to be reopened back up. And that just one example. The algae was out of control the last few years during the early summer months. These lakes have so many nutrients in them ( maybe they come from the gas motors being used on these waters) that the algae blooms are getting larger. I'm wondering if the oil in the 2 stroke engines or the gasoline contains phosphorous in it? Something is feeding the algae on these waters. The IDNR use to kill the weeds with a herbicide at Bird Dog Pit. Last year or the year before they used a helicopter to spray the weeks around some of the pits to give better shoreline fishing access to everyone. That was a nice thing. But still those tall grass persist at the other pits.

We could also use some docks to fish off of or the park our boats for a while during launch and recovery operations. They would also help with loading up the boat with supplies. Most smart guys load the boat up while in the parking lot and not on the launch ramp which take time and prevents other people from launching their boats in a timely manner. This is just a basic curtesy to get the boat ready in the parking lot and not on the launch ramp itself

So yes we all would benefit if the State spent more money on improving these Fish and Wild Life Areas. We are lucky to have this public land and waters to fish and hunt on.

Post Thanks / Like

More state waters would be great.

The last time I was visiting with a good friend up at Indy he said that he was not ready to retire yet and that he had some things he wanted to accomplish at IDNR F&W agency before he retired. I should have asked him what he wanted to do but I figured that he would have told me if he wanted me to know. So I just left it at that and didn't press him. We were there to catch up on old times at school not to discuss politics of the IDNR. But I wish I had asked him what was on his mind. The way to gain more public property is the buy up more private land and turn it into State Public Fish and Wildlife Areas. I should have asked him about why the state didn't buy more of Bluegrass from the AMAX Ashire mine area when it closed down. But I suspect that since he talked about money a lot that the State Higher ups were not willing to fund a larger purpose. I guess we are lucky to have what we got now. Mark my friend was the guy at IDNR F&W that purchased land for the State before he became the F&W director. I last saw him in person many years ago now while working up at Indy on an Asbestos Inspection Job at the Marathon Oil Refinery up at INDYs North West Side. I was driving up there on Sunday night to work Mon though Friday and then came back home for the weekends. So one night after work I called him up and asked to see him and his wife. We had dinner together. It was just like old times at the Married Student Court at West Lafayette, IN Purdue Universities main campus where we went to school together. I wish he lived closer but his job it in INDY. He did tell me that after he retired he will move further south where he has some 40 acres of property near Bloomington area. He started out at Glenn Dale Fish and Wild Area as it's Property Manger and worked his way up the chain of command to the director's position. If anyone would know about any new land purchases that the State Fish and Wild Life Agency is working on it would be Mark. But getting the funding from the Legislature is the hard part. Mark can propose buying all sorts of lands but he can't move on the deals without the big money.

And yes if there are more fishermen and hunters buying more sporting goods related to those sports then there is more money attributed to the State to get more matching funds from the Federal Fish and Wildlife Agency. They match funds with the States depending on how much money the State brings in from fees and license.

So the more people buying fishing licenses the more money that the State Should receive. But the trick it getting the Legislature to allow the Fish and Wild Life People to spend that money instead of putting the money into the General Funds where anyone can spend it on other things.

I'm all for buying up more land for public use. That's needed really bad right now. The current properties are being LOVED to death.

If I return to fishing it will be using the drop shot method for crappie until the hot summer months come upon us and I can troll crank baits during the heat of the day at Noon when the lake is less crowded with other fishermen. Most sane fishermen start early in the morning during the hot summer months and leave the lake by about 10 am when it starts to get really hot. But I found that I can catch fish even when it hot as blazes outside. I just have to get a bigger umbrella and stay moving to keep cool enough not to over heat and have heat stoke. That's why I prefer to keep the boat moving to create a little breeze. And the umbrella helps me see the depth finder screen better as it's sometimes in the shade of the little umbrella. But at other times the boat's position does not block out the sun light on the screen. And then it's nearly impossible to see the screen or any fish details on the screen. I use the Side Scanning Feature of the Depth Finder to locate the drop offs and other structure on the bottom of the lakes. The problem is that most of the bottom on Blue grass is void. Just deep water with mud bottom. The only thing that changes is the depth at the drop off. Then there is the grass or submergent vegetation that grows in the shallower waters. This is great for the fish and the microorganisms that eat the plant life and helps the lake become more fertile. The vegetation puts oxygen into the lake waters in the warm or hot shallow waters during the hot summer months due to photosynthesis. And then the vegetation provides cover for the newly hatched fish and places for the fish to lay their eggs. It offers places for the bigger fish to hide and ambush smaller fish along the edge of the vegetation. As a former scuba diver I use to explore some of the clear water pits in Southern IN and some natural lakes and found the bass hiding along the edge of the vegetation where the growth of the weeds stopped as the water got deeper and the light didn't penetrate to the bottom anymore. Light gets filter out by sediment in the water and thus doesn't penetrate down as deep. In extremely clear water you can have weeds growing off the bottom in 10 ft of water. But at 11 ft they start to thin out and by 15 ft there is no weed growth at that depth. This tends to make a wall where the weeds stop growing. That's where the fish will swim parallel to the wall of weeds on the deep water side. They cruise along this weed wall and look for different feature. A sunken car or a submerged tree that's still vertical in the water column can hold fish like a magnet. Unfortunately there are few trees like that in the Blue Grass Pit. Only a few old left over brush or small scrubs can be found in the water out there. The key features are the sharp drops and the weed lines. Now there are some shallower areas that offer flats where the fish roam and feed during certain times. And there are a few area that are different. I was listening to Doug Sikora and he talked about something that I discovered on Goole Earth one day in the past. The Historical Map feature. It's an option that you have to choose from the Setting menus. Once you set it up to show the historical map bar you can go up to the upper left corner of a satellite view screen and using the mouse slide the slider bar to the left and go back in time. Satellite pictures from the past are then shown if they are available for that area. Now the Bluegrass Area has an old satellite photo of the area from the past before the pits were completely filled up with water. Mining operations were still ongoing in that picture. And you can get a pretty good idea of how the lay of the land is before the water filled up the big hole in the earth. You can see the spoil piles of dirt and learn why the lake bottom is like it is. I learned a lot from that photo on google earth from the past. And Doug knew about this too as he mentioned it in the class the other day. He didn't say it about Bluegrass but he knew about the historical feature and he uses it on the lakes he fishes.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing about Bluegrass F&W area is that:

Anyone can sit up on the hill and watch you fish and see your spots. Otter Pit's fishing spots can all be seen if people are looking your way. The North End can be seen from the parking lot on the North end of Kansas Road. Then any where along Euler Road people can see you fishing. And the South Parking lot area has good visibility of most of the southern part of the pit. Same with Bluegrass Pit. From up on Dittey Hill people can see you fishing most of the Northern Part of the Pit. Now if you get in the H area other boaters can easily see where you are fishing and figure out you good spots. Many times I've was fishing in one of my favorite spots during the week days when it was not crowded and someone would pass by me in a boat an before I knew it they were fishing that same spot the next time I went there. Now there are not that many ledges that have flats going out to the drop off from the bank like this one so I'm sure that other's have found this spot. These days almost every good fisherman has a digital map on their GPS/Sonar and or side imaging with built in digital maps of the lake or some type of Auto Chart Live on their Humminbird Depth Finders.
    When the lakes you fish are less than 220 acres in size and surrounded by roads it's hard to keep your fishing spot a secrete. Especially on the weekends when the lake is packed with so many other people.

QUOTE=GeoFisher;559992]It's a double edged sword......you don't want to post about your spots, but you DO want folks to be fishing.

I understand........I completely UNDERSTAND, but maybe the "over crowding" will lead to more state waters, which is GREAT.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

If you only have one spot then

Your in big trouble. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Troll98 View Post
    hmmm that does make sense Moveon. I have actually seen guys sitting up on that hill with a pair of binoculars and what looked to be like a map. I quickly made sure to move off my spot to try and confuse them but I think it was too late.