Wow, I'm a bit blown away by this thread. I haven't been on this site for a year or so. I live about 2 miles from Bluegrass and have always been totally disgusted by the volume of publicity this site puts out there for the pits at Bluegrass, especially its namesake pit. FINALLY I get on here and see some, but not all, having second thoughts now that the damage is done. Well, sorry but its a little late for second thoughts.

For those who think you need to disclose your favorite fishing spots to everybody on the internet because you feel some obligation to assist the DNR's funding, it's hard to know what to say. It seems obvious to me that the DNR is not going out of business. Fishing is going to continue for our lifetimes and beyond. Sure, I think it's nice when more people enjoy fishing and hunting like we do. But to think you need to ruin your spots as a way to preserve our fishing and hunting heritage - I totally disagree.

I do a lot of stream fishing. And I'm smart enough not to say anything here about where or even for what species. When I'm on the creeks tossing artificials, if even ONE person just passed through ahead of me, my chances just went down over 90 percent. I need aggressive, unspooked fish to be successful. Stream fishing forums seem well ahead of forums like this in recognizing that fact. It's more critical on a stream, but once a lake is overrun to the point it's no longer any fun to go there, you've ruined your lake fishing too.

I totally agree that everybody has the same right to be out there as I do. But the fact is the information is available to anybody willing to spend a bit of time and effort. We don't need to post for the entire world to see where we're catching fish. In fact, a lot of the fun of becoming successful at fishing is going through the process of finding your own spots and learning how to fish them. If you're spoon-fed everything you need to know, it cheapens the experience.