Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Dave Stewart's Eliminating Water Class

Hey Guys,

I had the great opportunity to spend some time with the legend Dave Stewart this last week. Ten minutes with Dave and I notice he is a very modest man. He doesn't surround himself with trophies and plaques. The information I've received from Dave will follow me before every trip to the water. Dave has a great understanding of following the shads activity during the calendar year. This is mind the bass will not be too far of the food supply. The detail information that I received will not doubt make me a better fisherman than I am today. He teaches lake information and weather changes and how the shad react to it. This will help in being prepared before I even unplug the battery charger. The majority of bass will only by in 10% of the lake. The class caters to the high percentages areas of the lake. Thanks Dave, had a great time. Kudos...

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do these classes take place, how long do they last and how much are they? I looked on his website but couldn't find the answers to those questions. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    This information was taken from his email to me.

The price of the class is 200.00. This price covers one or two people. He only teaches at most two people at a time. The class lasts approximately 8 hours. He teaches the classes at his home which is located near The Moor's Resort on Kentucky Lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very informative.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Folks...........

This is one of the single best tools you can add to your toolbox for effectively patterning and CATCHING fish on any body of water where fish target baitfish.....

If you understand the reasons food is in a certain area, and you understand why fish chase the food in certain areas, you will catch more fish. I took the class with a good friend of mine about 6 years ago. It is crazy how you can use Dave's techniques to plan a trip, target an area, and CATCH FISH.

WE all know that fishing is a percentages game. Sure, you can catch fish nearly anywhere, but if you can eliminate 50% of the water before you even touch a rod or reel, and then you can eliminate 25% of the water that is left by looking at a map, that is KILLER.

Dave teaches how to do the first two, and then he teaches how to break that final 25% down into 10%, and then to use that information to develop target patterns, that simply PRODUCE fish.

My ability to catch fish at KY, Barkley, Dale Hollow, Patoka, Canada, and everywhere else has been greatly and positively impacted by taking and utilizing Dave Stewart's class.

It is by far the best money you can spend with regards to fishing....

later,

Geo
    Likes roadrunner, SLP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed spending the day with you and look forward to hearing about your future success using the information we went over in the class.

If you are looking for information about my Eliminating Water Class, you can find it at the bottom of my last fishing report on the Kentucky Lake Reports page on this site or at the bottom of my last fishing report on my website.

Dave
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    Mike

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed spending the day with you and look forward to hearing about your future success using the information we went over in the class.

If you are looking for information about my Eliminating Water Class, you can find it at the bottom of my last fishing report on the Kentucky Lake Reports page on this site or at the bottom of my last fishing report on my website.

Dave
    Dave, Are you out on the water yet?

I'm hoping to get down there in a few weeks. I'm REALLY hoping to cash in on that March bit Momma bite this year .

Maybe, Maybe not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great class from a very exceptional angler.

I'm so glad I read the posts. Now have a sense of humor here folks. The title left me wondering if I had something to learn about how to relieve myself after one too many beers. :-)
    Likes SLP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Dave, Are you out on the water yet?

I'm hoping to get down there in a few weeks. I'm REALLY hoping to cash in on that March bit Momma bite this year .

Maybe, Maybe not.

George

I am still teaching classes right now but will start going back out on the water guiding the first week of March. I will actually be going out some next week to check equipment and pattern the fish. We have had a very mild winter here so far this year and the water temps have remained relatively warm and the fish have been eating all winter so I expect unless we have a late winter the early spring fishing should be good.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto to fingem (and to too many beers!). I took Dave's class 5-6 years ago and learned more about bass in that one day than in my previous 30+ years of casting around the edges of farm ponds. I've used Dave's lessons on largemouths in Florida to smallmouths in southern Canada. Some rules work better for river systems, but most work everywhere. Geofisher & I will be back at 'em March 3 on KY Lake, eliminating water and setting hooks! I honestly think through my one class with Dave EVERY time I fish, especially if the bite slows down. Best investment I ever made for fishing. Thanks again, Dave!

Post Thanks / Like
    Eddie: Thanks for the kind feedback. It is heart warming when I get feedback from folks that I have taught over the years that my teaching has improved their bass fishing. It lets me know that I have done my job as a guide. Hope you guys have good luck on your planned trip down here in March. You never know about the weather in March. The forecast here for this weekend looks fantastic for this time of year. Would be a great time to hit the water for a big one if the forecast holds.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    Eddie: Thanks for the kind feedback. It is heart warming when I get feedback from folks that I have taught over the years that my teaching has improved their bass fishing. It lets me know that I have done my job as a guide. Hope you guys have good luck on your planned trip down here in March. You never know about the weather in March. The forecast here for this weekend looks fantastic for this time of year. Would be a great time to hit the water for a big one if the forecast holds.

Dave
    Eddie and I are pretty good friends......I think he took the class about the same time that I did, but with a different group of friends.

We met up through a mutual friend and have been fishing ever since. I remember the first time we fished together and we were talking about Dave Stewart, the first thing he asked me is if I took the class .

His first trip down to KY Lake with me was one of those magical 80+ fish a day trips. We pounded them in a whole of of the favorite spots.

MAN......I'm really chomping at the bit now.