Search Fishin.com

Thread: Crappie.com

Technonorb Guest

Crappie.com

Have seen posts on here recommending Crappie.com but when I search lakes I'm interested in it boots me off the site,

What am I doing wrong? Thanks TR

Post Thanks / Like

Send a PM to Ed Moes and see what he says

Ed owns and runs the server for Crappie.com. Send him a private message or an email and ask him what is wrong. It could be many different things. I run windows 10 and there is a bug in the OS. When I click on the favorites icon at the top right of the page and then look for a facebook or Instagram link to someone my Edge just quits and suddenly I'm back on the start page again. It doesn't do it all the time but just ever once in a while. Could a bug in the Windows 10 Operating System or something in my computer. I had my computer worked on a while back. It was over heating and shutting down on me. The computer guy put a fan on my video card and also added a cooling fan on the front of the case to bring in air into the case and cool down the CPU and Video card etc. I later found out that the video card was still overheating and removed and replaced it with the video card that came with the computer. I had earlier taken the original video card out and updated the computer with a newer and faster Video card. But my main board and computer didn't like that new video card and it's software drivers. It's now back in the box it came in. The computer runs a lot better now. But every once in a while it stops at the boot screen and asked me to choose which option to use to boot up the computer. Other than that it works fine.

Some web sites are designed to work best with certain Windows OS and browsers. Many browsers have add on's that can mess them up or mess you up on different web sites.

Ed knows his server well and if you talk to him about your computer OS and the browser you use and it's setting he may help you figure out why this is happening to you. It can be frustrating getting the **** computer to work right.

Heck I spent about 4 hours on the phone with Microsoft Customer Support and ended up paying or buying a years support from MS for $147. Now I can call them with any Software Problem for the next year. The time I spent on the phone with them was actually free. But when I called a third time to get some thing else fixed they expended all the Tier 1 service and would not give me any more help Tier 2 service unless I paid for it.

My computer guy charged me about $90 to service my machine the last time I took it in for him to look at and fix.

I had all kinds of trouble with my Hotmail email accounts form MS. They sent me emails telling me to reconnect my accounts to the new Microsoft Outlook.com server. My Microsoft Office 2013 outlook email program was not syncing with their new outlook.com email server and I could not get all my emails. So I was basically forced to seek help as the process was way too complex even for me. They connected to my computer using the remote connection feature and proceed to setup my emails with my help supplying them with names and passwords for the different Hotmail email accounts that were all updated to the new outlook.com email thing. These **** computers are getting much more complicated. But now my email and my to do calendar are all SYNCED up together so I can see and work on my emails from the desk top computer, the Notebook computer and the smartphone. That's nice when I am updating my calendar which I love. I had a day planner in the past and it worked ok but the calendar on my smart phone is like a electronic day planner book that will go well into the future for many years. So if I have a Doctor's appointment that a year from now I can plan ahead and add the appointment into my calendar for the year 2018 or 2019. I can't do that with a paper day planner. So that's nice. I'm retired and don't have that many commitments to plan for but I do see a lot of doctors and have to coordinate all the doctor's appointments. There is so many things on the computer that I have to learn to do better.

I hope you get your connection with crappie.com fixed. It's a great sight for learning about the intricate aspects of fishing for crappie all over the USA and year round. Sometimes just a small change in the way you setup to fish can make a huge difference.

I like to look at the State Forums and especially the IN and KY forums. It use to have just one forum for the site and everyone posted on that forum and it was a lot busier even though there were less people on the site. There was even a chat room to use. I still go there but don't really participate in the forums anymore. But I learned a lot about how to spider rig and pull crank baits on that site. I got the same info at other places too.

You probably have figure this out but it you type into a Google Search the words "Crappie Fishing" you will find www.crappie.com at the top of the list.