Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow Feb24-26

Fished out of Sulphur creek marina. Didn't go further than Casey creek. Caught quite a few back in Casey creek, 20 foot of water. Nice and fat. Equal catch between largemouths and smallmouths. Around the courner in deeper water in Sulphur, we found schools of shad deep in 30-35 foot of water and that is where we caught the pigs! My biggest was a lm at 20" and my buddy, a nice 19" fat smallmouth. I'm a big fan of tube jigs and my confidence bait and that is all we threw. Those we caught in the deeper water was right on the bottom. We'd let it set for a moment and then pop it up and Bam! It was on! We did catch some lm shallow. Friday was wonderful, Saturday was raw! Sunday was much better than Saturday weather wise and fish wise. Looks likes it's gonna be an early spawn. Can't wait to get back there.
    Likes Tacklebag23 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post
    Fished out of Sulphur creek marina. Didn't go further than Casey creek. Caught quite a few back in Casey creek, 20 foot of water. Nice and fat. Equal catch between largemouths and smallmouths. Around the courner in deeper water in Sulphur, we found schools of shad deep in 30-35 foot of water and that is where we caught the pigs! My biggest was a lm at 20" and my buddy, a nice 19" fat smallmouth. I'm a big fan of tube jigs and my confidence bait and that is all we threw. Those we caught in the deeper water was right on the bottom. We'd let it set for a moment and then pop it up and Bam! It was on! We did catch some lm shallow. Friday was wonderful, Saturday was raw! Sunday was much better than Saturday weather wise and fish wise. Looks likes it's gonna be an early spawn. Can't wait to get back there.

Nice informative report I heard a second report from that area with good results. In fact a friend fishing in that area called me about the bait fish.

I moved out to 30 plus range an started catching my fish.

That move made my day
    Likes CaptObvious, roadrunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report!
    Likes roadrunner liked this post