Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    at that price its cheaper to pollute than fix the problem
    Likes jcb, Buzzy, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    it's just so hard for the companies to get the job done, with all the
    clean air and drinking water rules and regulations Obama has placed in their way, but it looks like Trump will fix it..

KY is a state plan state. We have the KY DEP not EPA. DEP regs have to be as stringent or more so than EPA REGS.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is bull. Everyone should care about this. It is not even up for debate we should not be doing this to our water. The dollar is not worth the world.
    Likes waterdog101, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    I have no idea where Danville's water intake is. Of course human concerns outweigh fish's concerns.
    If you have Google Earth zoom in at the dam then come back down the left bank to the mouth of the cove, there is 2 intake pipes there then if you go up in the same cove there is two run offs from the plant. Not good.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    KY is a state plan state. We have the KY DEP not EPA. DEP regs have to be as stringent or more so than EPA REGS.
    your right, Ky writes their own rules and regulations, that they enforce on companies/industries to keep our waters clean, and the EPA checks the Ky written rules/regulations and if the EPA don't except Ky's rules/regulations as doing enough, to keep our waters clean, Ky has to rewrite them so they do more to protect our waters.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.lrc.ky.gov/whoswho/hsedist.htm

click on that link to find your county rep. All you need to do is shoot them an email saying you are upset about the water. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a list of bills purposed in the house for 2017 in KY. You can know who is ruining your water or you can make it stop.

http://kyconservation.org/?page_id=3073

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if there is a way to determine if this is new or old pollution.

Holding ponds have been around that lake for years. Newer ponds and regulations are significantly better than older ponds and regulations.

Maybe it is just a MESS and they finally started leaking, and the old ponds and systems need to be repaired, and maybe the newer stuff is just fine.

I wonder how you can get a REAL answer..........
    Likes slamson71 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    dye trace
    Likes Rudypoo4444 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up in the coal fields, no one had water that was pumped from a lake in our area back then, a few homes in the area had drilled wells in their yard, my grandmother had a well in her yard, it had good water but didn't produce enough to do the washing, she did the clothes washing on Saturday, and my job was to carry the wash water from an old mine opening about a thousand feet from our house, the water that ran from that old mine ran year round, it was crystal clear, yet it left an orange color on the bottom of the stream, I would get thirsty from carrying the wash water or playing in the area and drink from the old mine, it was clear and cold but had a bitter taste, everyone from the area always called it sulphur water, over the years of my youth I would think, I've drank many gallons of the sulphur water, as long as you are drinking it you can't taste the sulphur, but the after taste after you drink your fill is really bitter,
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That bitter taste if from the acidic nature of the water, a characteristic of mine drainage. And the orange residue in the stream isn't sulfur, although that may have been the term used to describe it. The residue is iron hydroxide that's precipitating out. The reason that water is so clear is that it has nothing living in it. The acid content , along with the toxic metals like chromium, cadmium, lead, arsenic, etc., don't allow any algae growth.

Clear water isn't necessarily clean
    Likes Buzzy, waterdog101, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there are a large amount of people who would be surprised what is is their water around their home. Just get a home test kit if you want the very basic results.

Kentucky is lucky because it has vast amounts of beautiful country and winding rivers. WE need to make sure they stay that way.

If you really love the outdoors you will care about the quality of the water so you do not poison your grand children's children.
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post