Search Fishin.com

Thread: Old farts!

Post Thanks / Like

Old farts!

Hahahaha gotcha! Just thought I would tell you guys something that really stood out this weekend and that's "old farts" and technology.

Example 1---I have been dealing with a badass dose of bronchitis that has kicked my ass for 5 days. Finally went to the doctor on Friday and while I was in the waiting room there were 4 other patients and a few spouses with them. Everyone single one of them were on their phones talking about personal stuff (infections, child problems) they had lost their ability to understand what talking softly means as well. I mean who does this? Any of you? If I get a call in a public place I either don't take the call, text back that I will call later or I step outside....it's polite and imo necessary. I see young people do this all the time in stores and restaurants but "old farts" too?? So I guess there is a sweet spot between being young and dumb to old and clueless?

Example 2---headed to Walmart to pick my much needed wonderful meds! I had to say excuse me and walk around many old couples who walk side by side down isles that are not made for leisurely strolls much less stopping and squinting at the labels talking about assorted uses for scrunchies and cleaning supplies....and yes some were on their phones!

I am making light of this because I wasn't pissed but I did notice it more than usual. Felt like I was in Florida during the Winter months around Sarasota.

Anyway, I think technology is wonderful but I also think it's created a lot of problems with people and their ability to have an awareness of others. It's unsafe for sure because people can take advantage of you when your head isn't into what your doing. Be careful out there!
    Likes zx150 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

old fart

I'm old. shop at wally world for my meds, and a lot of times use one of the electric carts. The folks who i almost run down, have ear buds, or are on the phone, and walking in a daze.I have an old clam shell phone, use it to call, or receive urgent calls. the world ran quite well before the new phones made everyone a VIP. I've seen 10 year old kids with 200 dollar cell phones, probably talking gibberish, or sending inane pictures to other kids, who should be learning life skills, instead of miiinial ********.Or fols who almost run me over when I'm using my cane, hurrying to wait in a slow check out lane, or needing to use a bank card for a three dollar purchase. You think were dinosauers, buddy you don't know how silly some of you look to us senior citizens.
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I'm old. shop at wally world for my meds, and a lot of times use one of the electric carts. The folks who i almost run down, have ear buds, or are on the phone, and walking in a daze.I have an old clam shell phone, use it to call, or receive urgent calls. the world ran quite well before the new phones made everyone a VIP. I've seen 10 year old kids with 200 dollar cell phones, probably talking gibberish, or sending inane pictures to other kids, who should be learning life skills, instead of miiinial ********.Or fols who almost run me over when I'm using my cane, hurrying to wait in a slow check out lane, or needing to use a bank card for a three dollar purchase. You think were dinosauers, buddy you don't know how silly some of you look to us senior citizens.
    Im with you on the addiction to technology. I love it but I am a rebel at heart. I don't jump all in to stuff just because the world says I should. I do not take every call on my cell and don't use the ringer half the time because I think it's rude to listen to some funky ringtone in public. I don't have a monster cable package at the house anymore because as some friends say "he's going off the grid"! I just don't need the constant tug of it. I guess dealing with it as a way of making a living I get tired of the crap. I don't even have a home phone.....I'm almost 54 now and I remember what it was like without cell phones or pagers. I liked it better and even though technologies make our lives easier that does come at a cost.

Trust me when I say that if they passed laws that reduced where we could use phones (driving) I would jump on board 100%! If it wasn't for my Bluetooth connectivity in my Kia I wouldnt use the cell phone in the car now. I don't like holding that phone up to my head. Many inconveniences today are caused by people preoccupied with talking/working on cellphones. We need a public awareness campaign about how to use these devices in public!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    all the loud talkers around here are greasy headed yankee transplants. they do it in restaurants whether on the phone or not. they act like they want to be seen. and they're usually in their dirty, larda$$ sweat pants, too small hillary t-shirt, and flip flops. they pay for most stuff with ebt cards and buy beer and cigs with cash they got from selling food they bought with ebt cards. and you better watch out for the electric buggy riders. it seems they think they have the right of way just because they're riding instead of walking. most of these riders weigh over 350lbs man or woman. seems they should be the ones who need to walk most. i saw a lady i thought was on a magic carpet. i couldn't see the scooter for hanging fat. the scooter was completely hidden. teeny boppers on cell phones or ipads are a whole other problem. they're completely unaware of their surroundings. nothing more rude than someone on a phone while at a restaurant or group outing. society sure has gone down hill fast since i was a kid.
    Likes DJD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

cell phones

I see what happens with the constant use of said devices. My grand daughter ALWAYS has hers on, my son almost the same.Yeah the internet features are amazing, but I can wait and use the puter at home. I've seen some of these millinials[or what ever] even texting during church services.My son was told to stop throwing kids out of class because of phone use.Parents claim they need to be assured the kids are safe at school so they give them picture phones, with text features.When i was in catholic school, note passing meant a small dose of palm slapping with a ruler.But lets face it, want to know who to blame, look in a mirror.

Post Thanks / Like

shopping carts

When the knees hurt I'll use one, if it includes grocerys.Most of the time i just use a store cart and call it exercise.
    Likes DJD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I see what happens with the constant use of said devices. My grand daughter ALWAYS has hers on, my son almost the same.Yeah the internet features are amazing, but I can wait and use the puter at home. I've seen some of these millinials[or what ever] even texting during church services.My son was told to stop throwing kids out of class because of phone use.Parents claim they need to be assured the kids are safe at school so they give them picture phones, with text features.When i was in catholic school, note passing meant a small dose of palm slapping with a ruler.But lets face it, want to know who to blame, look in a mirror.
    I went to Catholic School for a few years and I remember getting slapped on the knuckles with a ruler if I was out of line. I'm not sure if they were aiming there but it got my attention!
    My oldest went to a local Christian School for 12 years and they had rules about phone usage but as always they were a little to lenient and kids would push that issue all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    all the loud talkers around here are greasy headed yankee transplants. they do it in restaurants whether on the phone or not. they act like they want to be seen. and they're usually in their dirty, larda$$ sweat pants, too small hillary t-shirt, and flip flops. they pay for most stuff with ebt cards and buy beer and cigs with cash they got from selling food they bought with ebt cards..
    ha ha I can't say you aren't telling the truth, but it is just amazing, how you know where, those folks used an ebt card or a debt card, and to know where the beer and cigs money came from, man you have to have the ability, to read those folks minds to know all this info, you are a very special person...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    ha ha I can't say you aren't telling the truth, but it is just amazing, how you know where, those folks used an ebt card or a debt card, and to know where the beer and cigs money came from, man you have to have the ability, to read those folks minds to know all this info, you are a very special person...
    where else would they get it? definitely don't work. who would hire the slobs?