Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question???G-Loomis

Are G-Loomis rods really worth the price. I have thought about getting one because everyone says they are unreal. I have always fished Lightning Rods and just have a hard time paying $150+ for a rod!

Any opinions???

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question???G-Loomis

If you are gonna spend that kind of money buy a Shimano Cumara. They are lighter, more sensitive and they have an unbelievable warrenty. If you break it, take it to a Shimano dealer and they replace it on the spot. No questions asked. Loomis doesn't do that. That's just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my 2 cents, but I believe Shimano owns Loomis and I have both rods IMX and a Cumara. I like both rods for what I use the for.
    Unless Loomis has changed their policy they will also replace a broken rod no questions asked just take the handle to the dealer.

Stoner
    Likes Stumphunter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

G-Loomis rods are well worth the money if you get and IMX or GLX. I have numerous of them and more than satisfied, however with that being said I do not like the GL2 so if you are looking at the price range of the GL2 I would say your money is better spent on something different. I peronally dont believe the GL2 is worth it but the next step up hands down worth it. Unfortunately there is a price difference.
    And yes Loomis is owned by Shimano but the return policy is different, it is much easier to replace a Shimano than a G-Loomis right now. The G-Loomis is covered but has to be sent in where Shimano you can get replaced at the dealer.

Post Thanks / Like

I own 15 G Loomis rods. In my opinion, they are worth every penny. They will replace any broken rod through the expiditer system, where you pay $ 50.00 for shipping. They send you a new rod, you send the broken rod back using Fed Ex, with pre paid shipping. I have tried a lot of different rods, but always go back to Loomis. You will pay at least $150.00 for any good rod on the market. If you try a Loomis rod I think you will buy more, I know I did, and a lot of my friends did too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin bruce View Post
    I own 15 G Loomis rods. In my opinion, they are worth every penny. They will replace any broken rod through the expiditer system, where you pay $ 50.00 for shipping. They send you a new rod, you send the broken rod back using Fed Ex, with pre paid shipping. I have tried a lot of different rods, but always go back to Loomis. You will pay at least $150.00 for any good rod on the market. If you try a Loomis rod I think you will buy more, I know I did, and a lot of my friends did too
    I agree Loomis are worth the money but I think the replacement plan with the Cumaras tilts me towards buying them for now. Its a nice piece of mind when you are flippin with 50 or 80lb braid. If you haul off and snap a rod you can have a new by the end of the dayand it won't cost you $50 dollars. That is the only advantage I see in buying a Cumara over a Loomis. They are both the top of the line rods in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Gotta Love Loomis!

I bought my first Loomis, a 6'6" MH trigger rod, about 23 years ago. I still own this rod (it's like a high dollar wine. Seems to get better with age...). It's my hands down favorite "go to" rod every time I go bass fishing.

Take good care of a Loomis and it will pay for itself over and over again...

Now that I think about it, I gave about $90 for that rod. What a buy!
    Last edited by smljaw; 01-22-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: add text

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassman_ky View Post
    I agree Loomis are worth the money but I think the replacement plan with the Cumaras tilts me towards buying them for now. Its a nice piece of mind when you are flippin with 50 or 80lb braid. If you haul off and snap a rod you can have a new by the end of the dayand it won't cost you $50 dollars. That is the only advantage I see in buying a Cumara over a Loomis. They are both the top of the line rods in my book.
    I agree!

Post Thanks / Like

You dont have to pay full price for a G-Loomis. Alot of tackle stores have a consignment rack and you can ofton get a IMX for $150. That being said then yes it is worth the money but I dont feel that they are worth full price. I love a G-Loomis but I will never pay full price for them. I would much rather buy 2 Cumara's than one Loomis.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine after the kids were out of school, the mortgage was safe, and I could afford it. that took a few years, in thje mean time lightning rods woked just fine. ts a matter of perspectives. Neccesitys first, high end toys later.I enjoy fishing with what I have now, its not top of the line but it works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to drop the money on a Loomis, I would get the GLX - they are worth every penny. However, if you didn't want to spend that much, I would go with the Cumara over a lower priced Loomis, just for the return. Those Cumara's are sweet, and better than most rods, I think even better than most G. Loomis (excluding the GLX). The return deal makes them even better.

Post Thanks / Like

Shimano Clarus $69.99 over the counter lifetime warranty. Not Loomis or Crucial, but good rods for the money