Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

New tournament regulations

I posted this here because this site gets more looks than the tournament board.

Anybody see the new regulations if you use a state park or corps ramp and have more than 25 boats? I could not up load the link. I think this will hurt the fishing towns. Many tournaments have said that they are done with the new regs coming in. I also heard it was a big push from the pleasure boaters.
    Likes joey heller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Communication is key

To me it actually seems like a pretty good idea, there are places that you can go check the tournament for a body of water. If that information is out there, then most of us just for fun bass fisherman will let you guys have the lake to yourself we don't want any extra pressure on the days that were fishing so we'll just go to a different lake. If we know you're going to be fishing at Taylorsville or green or Cumberland. I don't think that they're asking for money for the permit just the announcement that you're going to be there for communication purposes
    Last edited by Rob1678; 03-21-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Anybody see the new regulations if you use a state park or corps ramp and have more than 25 boats?
    It's State Park ramps or marina inside a State park. There is nothing about needing this particular permit for a regular corps of engineers ramp...However there is a separate permit that has been in place for several years if my memory is correct. Any tournament with 100 or more boats in KY require a permit regardless of where they launch from. This new permit only pertains to 25 or more in a state park or at a state park marina.

Here is a quote from the news release...

"FRANKFORT, Ky. (Feb. 28, 2017) — Fishing tournament sponsors who launch from a ramp or marina at a Kentucky state park must first register the tournament and obtain a permit if more than 25 boats participate."

Here is the link to the article...http://kentucky.gov/Pages/Activity-s...dlife&prId=155

Here is the link where it has already been discussed in the tournament forum...http://www.fishin.com/forums2/showth...-for-this-year

Here is the link for the actual permit...it only applies to ramps inside a state park or marina inside a state park.

http://fw.ky.gov/Fish/Documents/KYSP...ent_Permit.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    The corp has said they will follow the regs as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    The corp has said they will follow the regs as well.
    I have seen this about the corps following suit on 2 website now but no one has put up a link to show where the corp has said they are going to do this too....so can you shed some light on this?

I have been waiting about a month for this discussion to come up about the state parks......I am surprised it took this long.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I work with a guy that called the corps office supposedly and that is what he was told, that they will follow suit and enforce. I haven't seen an "official" statement though. I know of two clubs personally that aren't fishing this year because of it.