Search Fishin.com

Thread: Barren

Post Thanks / Like

Barren

What's happening there? Have the bass moved up shallow yet? Anybody have water clarity and temp?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    It was muddy and 48 degrees last weekend and we stuggled. I heard the ones who caught them were deep on main lake however I would expect this to change soon with the warm up

Post Thanks / Like
    I was there last weekend. No. They haven't moved up. Honestly, regardless of the water temp, I don't think they can move up. Not until there is cover for them. The water is so low they are stuck. If you get heavy cloud or rainy day you may catch them shallow. Last weekend all the fish I saw were suspended at about 18'. You can catch a couple here and there. But, it's very bad fishing right now. If I were to go fish it soon, I try drop shots and slow rolling the main lake points. The wind blown points had fish stacked up pretty good. But, you can't really hold the boat there to fish. It's tough.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean about the wind! Last sat. Was brutal!

Post Thanks / Like

Going back for more

It's amazing how quickly I forget how tough it was 2 weeks ago but I'm going to try again. Hoping the warm weather this past week has improved the fishing. Anyone have an update on water temp

Post Thanks / Like
    54° last weekend. When I reflected on my two days there I was regretting that I didn't try drop shorting the main lake points. I've never fished that way before but you have to find a way to get down to them. I even found tons of bait fish. Just couldn't get anything to bite around them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info