Search Fishin.com

Thread: Beaver lake

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver lake

Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone see this lake get better last year, just wondering?

Post Thanks / Like
    I went 2 or 3 times last year and do not remember catching one the one or two 15"+ fish. Lots of 10 to 12" fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly after 2011 I saw my fishing success decrease. We use to be able to fish the lake and have 50+ fish days. Now we rarely have 10+. Through the years I thought I would see the size increase but that never seemed to materialize. Most of the fish are what I call "Beaver lake specials" meaning that they are in the 11in range.

Now I know that my success does not equal how healthy a lake is or is not. And I can actually see an argument that my fish catches decreased as the fish were not "starving" having to fight for food. But as I fisherman I like catching fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder how they came up with (excellent rating). What do they base it on. Love to fish this lake it use to be great, just not worth driving over there if it is still the same. Last time I did a bluegill trip you had to catch 100 small one to get 6 over 6".

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver

Wormin, It will never be the lake it once was. You, George and I all had tremendous trips to Beaver. Lots of bass over 5lbs in our past.

I'm not sure if it could ever be as good as it was then. Maybe if they drained it an started over.

Post Thanks / Like

saturday

USABASSIN weighted in 6.85 this past Saturday. But reading the above article if anyone an mess up a fishery KFW can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RngerMac View Post
    Wormin, It will never be the lake it once was. You, George and I all had tremendous trips to Beaver. Lots of bass over 5lbs in our past.

I'm not sure if it could ever be as good as it was then. Maybe if they drained it an started over.
    Agree it will never be the lake it once was. I know every lake cycles but this one hasn't looks to me like they should have put a slot limit on it years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

hope I don't regret this...

Last year was the best year I have had on Beaver in the last 10 years easily. That goes for bass, bluegill and crappie. I had a couple days where nearly everything was 14-14.9" but we still caught some really nice fish too. For whatever reason, I always do best after or during a rain. As a matter of fact, I will probably be there this weekend.