Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for fishing spots in North Central KY

Native Kentuckian, born and raised in Lexington UK grad 1998, that just moved back from stint in Nashville and Atlanta. Gone for 20 years. Moved to Union, KY last September. Looking forward to outdoor activities. Daughter and I would like to go fishing every weekend over the Spring, Summer and Fall. Good to get the youngins outdoors and away from TV. Good bonding time as well.

I am looking for fishing spots within 30-45 minutes of Union, KY. Been to Big Bone Lick State Park already. It was OK. Not too many fish. Caught a few large mouth a few feet from the bank with a Texas rig green pumpkin craw. No boat, just fishing from the bank and not keep anything. Just for sport.

Good to be back home. Much obliged for any location ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 175SMK View Post
    Native Kentuckian, born and raised in Lexington UK grad 1998, that just moved back from stint in Nashville and Atlanta. Gone for 20 years. Moved to Union, KY last September. Looking forward to outdoor activities. Daughter and I would like to go fishing every weekend over the Spring, Summer and Fall. Good to get the youngins outdoors and away from TV. Good bonding time as well.

I am looking for fishing spots within 30-45 minutes of Union, KY. Been to Big Bone Lick State Park already. It was OK. Not too many fish. Caught a few large mouth a few feet from the bank with a Texas rig green pumpkin craw. No boat, just fishing from the bank and not keep anything. Just for sport.

Good to be back home. Much obliged for any location ideas.
    Little farther drive, Elkhorn Creek has several public access areas

http://fw.ky.gov/Education/Pages/Elkhorn-Creek.aspx
    Likes 175SMK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Doe Run is hit and miss.
    Kincaid lake
    Williamstown-only spring & late fall

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone fished any of the other lakes in Grant Co? Bullock Pen Lake, Corinth Lake, Lake Boltz, JB Miller Park and Lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Corinth lake is not bad. There is limited access though to fish from bank. There is a fishing pier. I fish from boat and do ok. Wish you luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    If u live in union the best choice close by would be Camp Ernst it a FINS lake

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post
    Corinth lake is not bad. There is limited access though to fish from bank. There is a fishing pier. I fish from boat and do ok. Wish you luck.
    I cant catch a thing at Corinth if the sun is out, water is super clear. Any tips?

Post Thanks / Like
    What about the KDFWR lakes at Salato Wildlife Center ?? If fishing fails, you can take her to the Wildlife Center.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 175SMK View Post
    Anyone fished any of the other lakes in Grant Co? Bullock Pen Lake, Corinth Lake, Lake Boltz, JB Miller Park and Lake.
    A couple of FIN's lakes in Grant Co. Pollywog is in Dry Ridge and Leary lake Lloyd wild life management area. (pretty sure this was recently added to the FIN's program). Bank access all around Pollywog and most of the way around Leary.
    Bass, crappie, bluegill and catfish. Also, trout.
    Good luck
    BB1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertdilbert View Post
    I cant catch a thing at Corinth if the sun is out, water is super clear. Any tips?

What are you fishing for? Bass? Bluegill? I've been catching Bluegill already. They're not on the nest.theyre hanging on the flats in about 10-12 foot. Crappie jigs and worm under a cork worked pretty good. Caught more than crappie. Crappie undersized and just didn't seem to ready just yet. Bass still in the deeper water. I used a tube jig fished right about the bottom out in 15-20 foot water. This was about 5 days ago. A lot of slimy moss around bank and floating. I hope kdfwr does something about this stuff. Gets worse every year. I hope this helps