Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A Pit Thou Shall Not Be Named

Good Lord, check this out. There are about 300-400 likes on it and about 50+ comments of ppl saying " we need to start heading the #######(pit that we all know). I bet it's going to be packed out there this weekend! What a tremendous catch and dad for taking his sons out there. Congratulations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	muskie.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	14585  
    Likes Are you Paul liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Holly *&$(#(

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley1487 View Post
    Good Lord, check this out. There are about 300-400 likes on it and about 50+ comments of ppl saying " we need to start heading the #######(pit that we all know). I bet it's going to be packed out there this weekend! What a tremendous catch and dad for taking his sons out there. Congratulations.
    **** Paul. Where did you get that thing? Now I see why they won't let people swim in those pits. That's bigger than some of the barracudas that I saw in the Ocean the last time I went scuba diving in the Keys. What a monster. If anyone would catch a big muskee it would be Paul.

The fish of 10,0000 casts. I saw a tiny one near a ramp one day. It must have been one of the muskies that the IDNR stocked in those pits the last few years. Well at least one of them grew up to be a biggie.

Congratulations on that catch. Did you keep it or return it after you took the picture. That would make a nice wall mount.

That's not a photoshop picture?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, that photo is 100 % authentic. Awesome fish...that's a 5 lb bass with it. I think the Muskie was around 25 lbs I think he said. Don't quote me on that though.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a bigger one in there. Had it next to the boat one day and lost it.

Post Thanks / Like

Do the figure 8 next time they do that

I fished Eagle Lake up in Ontario Canada and it's famous for Muskie, Big Northern Pike and Big Walleyes. We caught some really big Northerns and Walleyes up in that lake during a two week trip that turned into a three week trip.

When we have a big northern follow our bait up to the boat we would do a figure 8 in the water with the lure next to the rod tip. I had about 6" of line out from the tip of my rod and then poked the rod tip back into the water and did a figure 8 with the rod tip. The Big fish came back and hit the lure almost every time.

Muskie will do that at times. It's worth a try anyway. The Muskie are getting bigger in these pits. I hope that people don't come from miles around just to fish for the Muskie in these waters.

Yea that's a real live Muskie. I was just razzing Paul a bit. Congratulations on that catch. Paul's a fishing machine out there. He needs to show us some pictures of his new Aluminum Boat. I read that he got rid of his Triton and got a new Crestliner Boat.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM4A1 View Post
    There is a bigger one in there. Had it next to the boat one day and lost it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was going to fish Sunday mid-morning out at BG, pulled into the parking lot....well let me rephrase that, I tried to but it was full. I couldn't find a big enough spot to park my truck and trailer, so I said screw it. Went home and watched some Major League Fishing instead.
    Likes Moveon, Are you Paul liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You guys should see the Video of the Catch on Pauls Facebook

Paul put up a video of his son catching the Muskie. Paul's wife took the video on her smartphone and Paul used the net to catch the fish. He kept the fish and is going to eat it. LOL.

But the pictures that I saw must have been taking as stills off the movie. Which is why they looked funny to me. But the video is the real things.

It's good to see that the Muskie are really growing. 22 1/2 lbs and 41 1/2" long. That's a big ass fish. And in one of the pictures that I saw it looks like Paul's son had his finger stuck in the fish's mouth. I know he would not do that as anyone can see those big teeth and how sharp they are and know not to stick their fingers in that fish's mouth. But the angle of the pictures makes it look like he was sticking his fingers in the mouth. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    **** Paul. Where did you get that thing? Now I see why they won't let people swim in those pits. That's bigger than some of the barracudas that I saw in the Ocean the last time I went scuba diving in the Keys. What a monster. If anyone would catch a big muskee it would be Paul.

The fish of 10,0000 casts. I saw a tiny one near a ramp one day. It must have been one of the muskies that the IDNR stocked in those pits the last few years. Well at least one of them grew up to be a biggie.

Congratulations on that catch. Did you keep it or return it after you took the picture. That would make a nice wall mount.

That's not a photoshop picture?

Post Thanks / Like

People keep posting pictures of the big fish on facebook and

The word gets out about this pit and the big fish in it. That's one of the main reasons why it's full on the weekends. I'll just fish it during the week and stay out of there on the weekends. You can't even take a piss out there anymore with all the **** people in all the boats. It used to be a nice quiet place to fish and relax. Not anymore. It's like going to Burdett Park on a Weekend. Might as well stay home where it's more peaceful than out at Bluegrass these days.

The only way to get that place to yourself anymore is to go on the week days and then it's still pretty full this time of the years.

Sunday was the first nice day we have without rain and some sunshine. Still the winds were out of the North and gusty so I would have stayed home anyway. I'm all done with that place unless it's during the week and it's a really nice sunny day with 70 deg temp and no wind. I have other things to attend to these days. My fishing days are limited these days.

I'm just glad that I retired when I did and got to enjoy Bluegrass before it got over run with people. It was a much better place to fish back in 2003. You could fish all day long and only see two other boats out there all day long. There were times when I was all alone and wished that there were some other people out there fishing in case I had motor trouble. I've pulled in a few disabled boats myself in my time.

Was going to fish Sunday mid-morning out at BG, pulled into the parking lot....well let me rephrase that, I tried to but it was full. I couldn't find a big enough spot to park my truck and trailer, so I said screw it. Went home and watched some Major League Fishing instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    so much anger. Caught and released my biggest bass out there, 8 lbs 3 oz, but who cares. Even if I didn't have much luck or was a terrible angler, why do you need to come in here with so much hate? Relax, it's just fishing, not a competition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	profile 2.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	14632  

Post Thanks / Like

Kelly just Ignore that guy from Lexington KY he don't fish

At Bluegrass anyway and is nothing more than a **** troll here in the Indiana Board. Don't feed the trolls. Ignoring them is the best way to neuter them.

You are right. The place is getting too crowded to fish. It get's worse every years since around 2013 and 2014.

Newbies are all welcome to fish at Bluegrass or any of the other pits out there. No one owns the water except for the Indiana DRN Fish and Wildlife Agency. And they allow anyone to fish out there as long as they have a valid IN fishing license and obey the rules and regulations on each lake out there.

I would have turned around too if the parking lot was so full that there were no parking spots left to park your boat trailer. What else can one do? I guess people could start parking their boat trailers in the middle of the parking lot? I've seen non fishermen do that and never did understand what that was all about. The guy that use to own Wild Birds Unlimited use to have his clients come to Bluegrass Parking lot to meet there and park their cars before going on the Owl Prowls. They would all park right in the middle of the parking lot and block the access to the area with ten vehicle all parked in the middle of the lot. I guess they were not smart enough to figure out how to park so that others could use the facility too. Not everyone out there thinks about other people when they decide where and how to park their vehicles. Now the fishermen who frequent the parking lot out there have it all figured out and they are mostly parking in the most efficient way these days. It was not always like that. I'm glad that they all are parking in the same direction around the perimeter of the parking lot and not in the center of the lot. LOL. Fisherman are smart folks.

so much anger. Caught and released my biggest bass out there, 8 lbs 3 oz, but who cares. Even if I didn't have much luck or was a terrible angler, why do you need to come in here with so much hate? Relax, it's just fishing, not a competition.
    Likes jkelley1487, Are you Paul liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the kind words about the musky, my son was too afraid to hold it because of the teeth, I cant believe he got it in. I have fished those lakes since it opened and only caught one small one. we were going t release it, but with my poor handing of that beautiful fish it look like it was going to die, so we harvest it. Very boney, but good. It was 41 plus inches and 28 pounds. The Bass was released unharmed. side note I have been catching a ton of big bass at bluegrass. the bite is back on. Its very crowded but you can still catch them.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Are you Paul View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words about the musky, my son was too afraid to hold it because of the teeth, I cant believe he got it in. I have fished those lakes since it opened and only caught one small one. we were going t release it, but with my poor handing of that beautiful fish it look like it was going to die, so we harvest it. Very boney, but good. It was 41 plus inches and 28 pounds. The Bass was released unharmed. side note I have been catching a ton of big bass at bluegrass. the bite is back on. Its very crowded but you can still catch them.

My profile pic is of a 6.04 I caught last week
    Likes Moveon liked this post