Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Green River Lake Parking Pass

Hey everyone, going to Green River this weekend. I've fished it a couple times but always while camping so I could use the camp ground ramp. Going to be putting in at the main marina by the dam. I have never put in there before so I don't know if there is a launch fee/parking fee. Also I'm going to be there around daylight so can I buy a parking pass that early? I just dont want any surprises after driving 3 hours!

There re is another ramp just south of the dam off Columbia that I would rather put in at but I can't find any information on it? I'm sure I would need a parking pass but where can I buy one that early in the morning? Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like there is a launch fee for what they call Green river site number 1 or ramp number 1. Question is where do I pay that launch fee? Is there a guard shack there or do I have to buy a pass at a local gas station or tackle shop like Cave Run?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the campground ramp is free to use, but there's a $5 launch fee at Holmes Bend Marina because the ramp is COE run. There's a small building at the lower parking lot that has envelopes to put your money in and a drop chute ... and you tear off the "ticket" and display it on the dash of your vehicle.

This link will tell you where a fee is charged : http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Portal...pLocations.pdf ... BUT, it's from 2003 and the fee stated at $3 is incorrect. It was bumped up to $5 at Holmes Bend a couple years ago, so it's probably the same at all the other COE run ramps at Green. The link also shows who to contact for a annual pass @ $30/yr for those departments that run that specific ramp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. Which one is the campground ramp? There's quiet a few campgrounds and I can't figure out which one is the free one? Holmes bend is a little more driving from the dam.

Post Thanks / Like
    If they charge a fee there will be a drop box to pay the fee, take a pen with you to right down your info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    Thanks for the info. Which one is the campground ramp? There's quiet a few campgrounds and I can't figure out which one is the free one? Holmes bend is a little more driving from the dam.
    The State Park Campground is the one I'm talking about ... aka Lone Valley Campground.

Holmes Bend is a little more distant ... depending on which direction you're coming from.

If you're going to the dam or State Park from Campbellsville on 55 ... you turn left on 1061 at the Marathon station (on the left) and follow it to either place. The closest, going that route, would be the State Park ramp and you'd just turn left at the state park sign. If you continue on past that sign, it takes you to the dam (and actually crosses it). You can turn off just before you get to the dam & launch at Green River Marina, or continue on over the dam & launch at the Pikes Ridge ramp.

I've fished pretty much from one end of Green River Lake to the other ... but only launched from the State Park ramp or Holmes Bend ramp, depending on which end of the lake I intended to fish. I had to look on Google Maps for the directions above.

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI...you can buy a year long pass for any corps of engineers ramp. If my memory is correct its $30 or $35. It's good for ANY corps of engineers lake ANYWHERE in KY. The annual pass can be purchased at any corps of engineers office. I always get mine in the office at Green River Lake at the dam. I have no idea if they are open on weekends. The pass is good for 12 months from the date of purchase so if you buy one in April 2017 its good until April 2018. If you don't go enough to buy a year long pass you can pay a daily fee. I was thinking it was $3 but I might be wrong. Anyways any ramp that collects a fee will have a drop box. At the drop box you will find an envelope to put you money in. You will need a pen to fill out the information needed to go on the envelope. Once you fill out the envelope and put your money in you seal the envelope then you tare the receipt end off and display it in your window so it is visible. Bring correct change. I think its $3 but someone else said it was $5 either way have correct change.

Here is a list of all ramps on green river lake with info such as fees and other helpful information...click on link and scroll to the bottom.

https://app.fw.ky.gov/fisheries/wate...il.aspx?wid=73

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    FYI...you can buy a year long pass for any corps of engineers ramp. If my memory is correct its $30 or $35. It's good for ANY corps of engineers lake ANYWHERE in KY. The annual pass can be purchased at any corps of engineers office. I always get mine in the office at Green River Lake at the dam. I have no idea if they are open on weekends. The pass is good for 12 months from the date of purchase so if you buy one in April 2017 its good until April 2018. If you don't go enough to buy a year long pass you can pay a daily fee. I was thinking it was $3 but I might be wrong. Anyways any ramp that collects a fee will have a drop box. At the drop box you will find an envelope to put you money in. You will need a pen to fill out the information needed to go on the envelope. Once you fill out the envelope and put your money in you seal the envelope then you tare the receipt end off and display it in your window so it is visible. Bring correct change. I think its $3 but someone else said it was $5 either way have correct change.

Here is a list of all ramps on green river lake with info such as fees and other helpful information...click on link and scroll to the bottom.

I'd recommend you use the lone valley ramp. No fee, the ramp is wind protected in a small cove, easy enough to find and plenty of parking available within easy walking distance. Only problem I've ever had there is the jerks that unload/load their pontoons there and stays on the ramp for 30 minutes. Then they wonder why I give them an evil look. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post

I'd recommend he use the lone valley ramp. No fee, the ramp is wind protected in a small cove, easy enough to find and plenty of parking available within easy walking distance. Only problem I've ever had there is the jerks that unload/load their pontoons there and stays on the ramp for 30 minutes. Then they wonder why I give them an evil look. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about the double post. That's what I get for using IE.

Post Thanks / Like

There should be a mandatory class on how to launch a boat

Everyone owning and using any type of boat at a launch ramp should have to attend a class on how to launch a boat at a public boat ramp in less than three minutes time.

I hate people that park their boats on the ramp and don't launch right away but instead spend 30 minutes loading and unloading crap out of or into their boat while it sits on the ramp blocking anyone else from using the ramp. There should be a law against that. Some people just think that they are the only ones using the ramp or lake. Selfish people do that. Considerate people with brains load and unload their boats in the parking lot out of the way of others and have their boats' ready to launch when they put them on the ramp. If you are not one of the latter's then consider learning a new way to load/unload your boats.

Instead of just giving them the evil eye maybe people should talk to them about taking so much time to load their boat on the ramp. They won't learn unless someone speaks up. They will just continue doing the same thing over and over again unless they are pushed to take others into consideration at the launch ramps.

Not everyone knows how to get their boat ready off the ramp and then launch their boat in a quick manner. Other people are wanting to use the ramp too. So take others into consideration when you are packing your boat on the launch ramp and taking too much time on the ramp.

I launch pretty quick myself using a long rope and quick connects on each end of the rope. But one time at Patoka I didn't stay in my lane and took up half of another lane. Note: lanes are not marked with paint. But some guy sitting on the back end of a boat drinking a beer (glass bottle) thought I was taking too long to launch my boat and said something to me. I gave him the evil eye back and told him to shut up. LOL I called him a drunk and he shut up. Actually I just tuned him out and ignore his ass. These days I'd more than likely want to kick his drunk ass. I've never seen a drunk be able to fight well without falling down. There should be a law against drinking at the boat ramps. Oh. Wait there is. It's called DWI laws. But it only applies to the driver of the boat. The rest of the crew can be intoxicated and obnoxious and unless they start a fight not much can be done about them. They are free to harass other people at the launch ramps all they want. I got my boat launched. It took me a little while to go park the truck and get back to get the boat but it was not very long. It depends on how crowded the parking lot is and how far I had to walk after parking the truck in the lot. But it's all downhill so it's pretty fast. And I was over by the curb in the lane close to the dock. At least at Patoka they have docks to park your boat on while you go get the truck and boat trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    I'd recommend you use the lone valley ramp. No fee, the ramp is wind protected in a small cove, easy enough to find and plenty of parking available within easy walking distance. Only problem I've ever had there is the jerks that unload/load their pontoons there and stays on the ramp for 30 minutes. Then they wonder why I give them an evil look. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lone valley ramp is FREE and has a floating courtesy dock that will adjust to the fluctuating lake levels. The rest of the GRL docks have a fee whether they are at a private marina or COE ramps. You can get a yearly pass for about $35 last a I checked at the COE visitors center by the ramp. This will give you free launch at any COE ramp in the country I believe.