Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Chickamauga

Fishing Chickamauga in about 3 weeks. I have never been there, anyone have any advice on where and what to do to catch some bass?
    Likes jkelley1487 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to see some responses as well. I'm going next week. First day with Rogne Brown's guide service and the next 2-3 days on our own. Any help would be awesome, catch and release.
    Likes MagikSmallie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelley1487 View Post
    I'd love to see some responses as well. I'm going next week. First day with Rogne Brown's guide service and the next 2-3 days on our own. Any help would be awesome, catch and release.
    Maybe if nothing else, you can provide me with a report when you get back and I can do the same when I get back!
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I for sure will.
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Went last year--same time frame--where are you staying...we where in the {island cove marina & resort} area of the lake ????

Post Thanks / Like
    We fished one area and caught 75 % of our fish....only spent 2 hrs on main lake in 3 days...best area we found was in {ramsey hollow} cove...go under hwy 58 bridge to first major cove to the left. Between 4 guys we caught 50 bass...40 of them was in that cove...had a 6.03 pd. And a 4.5 pd out of that cove. 6.03 pd was big fish for trip.....best lure was {rapala dt6-8} in bluegill color. Most fish caught where at least 15 inch....good luck jc
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ha that is exactly where we are staying. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!

Barry Guest

Plan on going...

The plan is to fish Friday and Saturday this week. I'm guessing with the water temps I will get to practice doing some sight fishing, full moon Wednesday. Catch and release, but it would be cool to see a 10# fish on the nest. Never been to the lake before but going to give it a shot. I'm guessing its going to be covered with boats tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The plan is to fish Friday and Saturday this week. I'm guessing with the water temps I will get to practice doing some sight fishing, full moon Wednesday. Catch and release, but it would be cool to see a 10# fish on the nest. Never been to the lake before but going to give it a shot. I'm guessing its going to be covered with boats tho.
    it will have to do some fast clearing up for you to see a nest by saturday, I fished it yesterday and it was dark stained, visibility a foot or less, water temps were from 54 to 64 with lots of boats, had to wait in line to lunch and wait in line to leave, on a 3 lane ramp. I never caught anything, and the guys I talked to at the dock while waiting to load my boat, were very unhappy as well, not a bite all day was their reply, when I asked how they did. good luck to you if you go.

Barry Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    it will have to do some fast clearing up for you to see a nest by saturday, I fished it yesterday and it was dark stained, visibility a foot or less, water temps were from 54 to 64 with lots of boats, had to wait in line to lunch and wait in line to leave, on a 3 lane ramp. I never caught anything, and the guys I talked to at the dock while waiting to load my boat, were very unhappy as well, not a bite all day was their reply, when I asked how they did. good luck to you if you go.
    Well your busting my bubble... What area of the lake did you fish? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Well your busting my bubble... What area of the lake did you fish? Thanks!
    sorry, just gave a true report of what I did and saw, I fished hard using spinner baits, cranks,rattle baits, jigs, plastics but just couldn't get hit, and there were enough boats around that someone was fishing close to me most of the time, at the north end of Harrison bay they were so many boats fishing the islands there, I didn't even try fishing there, I fished Harrison bay, up under the 58 bridge, Ramsey hollow, Savannah creek, and tried some little pockets off the main river channel around Harrison bluff going closer to the Dam, i"ll run back down when the water clears.

Post Thanks / Like
    MagikSmallie,

We fished Chick Wed-Sat this past week (4/12-4-15) and we did alright. We caught several in the 2-4.5lb range. We had two that were right at 5 lbs. We fished Harrison Bay and a little north of it most days. They were all post spawn with water temps in the low to mid 70's. Almost every good fish we caught were on grass lines extending out on points. I fully expect them to be on the river ledges in the next 2-3 weeks. We even caught a few fishing some ledges with hair jigs. We were slow rolling swimbaits through the grass and that was our most productive pattern. I was a little bummed that the fish were post-spawn like that but we still caught about 12-15 fish a day. Saturday was absolutely nuts out there. I highly recommend that you go during the week or you're going to be waiting in line to fish a spot. Good luck and have fun!