Search Fishin.com

Thread: Barkley Today

Post Thanks / Like

Barkley Today

HOLY WIND STORM!

She was ugly today and trying to run the main lake was about a dumb as touching a red hot stove burner. I dont think I could've gotten much wetter if I had just jumped in the lake. Either way, we made it to and back from the ramp safely, but again, a PSA of wearing a life jacket, kill switch attached and frequently monitoring the weather. I finally decided to pull the plug on a longer run and just trailed from ramp to ramp today.

Outside of the crazy winds that blew the boat up to 2MPH at times, we managed to catch fish much of the day. Only 2 keeps today, but they were solid ones. 19.5 & 17.5 Largemouth caught about 200 ft from each other. About half way back in a bay around rocky points and docks. All fish taken on crank baits. Sexy shad and black splatter was the ticket. I threw other colors with no hook ups. Plan on tossing an ARig around tomorrow along with a spinnerbait some more.

Water temps were 58-62 but mostly around the 60 degree mark.

Wind still around 15 tomorrow. Be safe if out on the water.
    Likes jkelley1487, swimjigboy, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds fun. Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like
    haha nice report. How big were the waves out on the main lake? I bet it was pretty wild.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterjames View Post
    HOLY WIND STORM!

She was ugly today and trying to run the main lake was about a dumb as touching a red hot stove burner. I dont think I could've gotten much wetter if I had just jumped in the lake. Either way, we made it to and back from the ramp safely, but again, a PSA of wearing a life jacket, kill switch attached and frequently monitoring the weather. I finally decided to pull the plug on a longer run and just trailed from ramp to ramp today.

Outside of the crazy winds that blew the boat up to 2MPH at times, we managed to catch fish much of the day. Only 2 keeps today, but they were solid ones. 19.5 & 17.5 Largemouth caught about 200 ft from each other. About half way back in a bay around rocky points and docks. All fish taken on crank baits. Sexy shad and black splatter was the ticket. I threw other colors with no hook ups. Plan on tossing an ARig around tomorrow along with a spinnerbait some more.

I can't wait either to get out there. But stay safe guys! Can't wait til yearly trip with Dad. May 6th Barkley or Brust.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Water

3-4ft at times. It was not anything I would want to make any form of a run on.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley1487 View Post
    haha nice report. How big were the waves out on the main lake? I bet it was pretty wild.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterjames View Post
    HOLY WIND STORM!

Man, I'm sorry I didn't see your PM until later, and didn't have good access until recently.

I'm glad you found fish. I sent you a PM about some areas....................it seems like you did all right.

Yea, the WIND was murder ........My little tracker took a beating this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Geo

Hey Man,

No problem on the message. I appreciate you getting back to me. We caught every fish with the exception of one keeper on a crank bait. We didn't haul the numbers you did, but the bites we got were solid. We had limits everyday with the big bag coming on Friday. I had 2 5lb+ fish, both on cranks. They were choking it.

I pulled my big fish off a point behind a guy fishing a tournament right after he took a small keeper and bolted. We took 2 solid keepers behind him in less than 10 minutes. LOL! His loss.

I was hoping for better numbers but we didn't have a bad trip at all. I was able to expand in Little River even more than I had prior to coming down. I love the area of the lake. We worked the bay just north of the bridge if coming from Devils Elbow Thursday and had a couple solid keepers. The water was nuts though and we ended up heading back over to Jonathan Creek to finish out the day.

Thanks again for shooting me a message and glad you got on them.

Skeeter
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post