Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky and Barkley are REALLY heating up

Folks.......If you like Kentucky and Barkley, those lakes are really , really heating up.

I fished Friday, Saturday and Sunday. North Barkley, North Kentucky. Pay Attention to Dave's reports, as they are pretty much spot on......AS Always .

With monster wind reports for Fri, Sat, and Sun, I really had to pick how / when / where i fished since if fish out of a baby boat.

We never really figured out a good pattern but did manage to catch a ton of fish on shakey heads, swimbaits, tubes, and a Ned rig.

If you've never used a Ned rig, I suggest you look it up. When things get crazy tough, you can put serious numbers up with the ned. We didn't a ton of size with it, but it did catch keepers.

We also caught a few fish on crankbaits, but he crankbait bit has been dead for me for 2 weekends.

On Friday, we had a CRAZY good day on Barkley. Our first 8 fish were keepers for a 19.5 bag of fish. We ended up Friday catching over 40 fish with 16 keepers. Most fish were caught Creek channel side, as long as it was WARM side, on shakey head, and ned rigs. I did catch fish on swimbaits, and texas rig too, but shakey head won the day. And on the shakey, if it was not a ned rig, you really had to put a bait on that would move water. Lizard, or other creature baits. We could not get good fish on a straight worm.

On Saturday, the South West winds were not so bad that I could not run. We fished North Kentucky, and struggled in a very, very slow bite. We still managed 11 or so keepers and 30-40 fish, but We WORKED from daylight to dusk for them.

Most fish were on shakey head, and ned rig. WE also caught fish on crankbaits, but not many.

Sunday. Again, we fished an area on on Barkley, and that area again gave up good keepers. Pay attention to the Flowers. While they are not under water yet, there are areas with deeper water and TONS of flowers. Those areas were extremely productive. Again , we caught these fish on shakey head.

I have not found a good crankbait bite or red eye shad bite yet..............3 trips since Mid March and zero crankbait bite.
    Man, I really hope to get on a cranking bite before this year spring is up for me.
    Likes Dave Stewart, jkelley1487, roadrunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Kentucky Lake

We left on tuesday to go down there for our annual Spring Break trip. On tuesday we killed it and almost got all of our limits. Then Wednesday the wind and rain came along with its cold front and shut the fish down. We didn't catch much of anything but all of the crappie fisherman said that they were still killing it even with the cold front but it sure did shut down the bass.
    Likes roadrunner, GeoFisher liked this post