Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Asian Carp on Kentucky Lake

We just got back from our annual fishing trip to Kentucky lake and we seen a ton of asian carp that were dead and alive. but we kept wondering why they were dying. A couple days later we were fishing and we seen Asian carp throwing themselves onto the bank and if they got stuck they would die but some made it back into the lake. Does anyone know why they do this?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is just their nature to jump;more so if they are nervous or frightened.I know that they are way too many in Barkley and Ky lakes.They are not supposed to eat minnows just, micro organisms ,but fisherman are now catching them in the mouth on lure,jigs,spoons.You can expect quite a fight from one if you hook into one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another Asian Carp creepy thing.

Last summer I slept in my open boat at Golconda IL on the Ohio and in a marina on Barkley. At night I would hear these weird sounds in the distance. Could not figure out what it was. Closest thing I could come up was somebody was learning how to play the bongos off in the distance. But when I walked the other way down the dock the sounds were the same. The next day I was talking to a guy that docks his boat down that way and he said it was the carp running into the boats. Probably a pontoon when hit by a carp tail or head has a different pitch than an aluminum mono hull or fiberglass boat. I guess the pontoons were the more"pingy" sounds. It kept me from going to sleep for quite a while.