Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Minn Kota Terrova Pull Rope

Hello fellow fishermen, on our boat we have a Minn Kota Terrova. It has been a great trolling motor and love it so far, however over the past few years it has been a hassle of pulling the thing up because you have to bend all of the way over and lug that heavy thing up out of the water. We have been looking on sites such as Tackle Warehouse and cant seem to find anything that would work for us. We have seen the new models that have the lift assist, if they have an aftermarket one of those that would work as well. Anything that would assist in pulling the big thing up. I added a picture so you can see what i'm talking about.

You would almost need some kind of cup that would latch around the top part of the shaft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1358804_6.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	14733  
    Last edited by Kentucky_Bass_Kid; 04-17-2017 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Trying to get photo to show

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky_Bass_Kid View Post
    Hello fellow fishermen, on our boat we have a Minn Kota Terrova. It has been a great trolling motor and love it so far, however over the past few years it has been a hassle of pulling the thing up because you have to bend all of the way over and lug that heavy thing up out of the water. We have been looking on sites such as Tackle Warehouse and cant seem to find anything that would work for us. We have seen the new models that have the lift assist, if they have an aftermarket one of those that would work as well. Anything that would assist in pulling the big thing up. I added a picture so you can see what i'm talking about.

You would almost need some kind of cup that would latch around the top part of the shaft.

I don't know if this would work for MinnKota or not, but man, they look nice.............

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Maybe an Idea?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I don't know if this would work for MinnKota or not, but man, they look nice.............

Thanks geo fisher but i did a little research on it and no it wouldn't work. However while doing the research I went the TH marine website and found a webpage about a pull rope for a wireless motor but they didn't have any options to buy it. I'm thinking there may be a way that I would make something where I could get some kind of round clamp from the hardware store and one of TH marine's replacement ropes and make one.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Barry Guest
    If you just need a longer rope, maybe you could replace the rope with cable? I replaced my rope on my Fortex with a cable and two cable ferrule's I picked up at Lowe's or Home Depot. I was able to use my existing handle and it wasn't hard to do. That takes the "stretch" of the cord out and you wouldn't have to been over, just a thought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If you just need a longer rope, maybe you could replace the rope with cable? I replaced my rope on my Fortex with a cable and two cable ferrule's I picked up at Lowe's or Home Depot. I was able to use my existing handle and it wasn't hard to do. That takes the "stretch" of the cord out and you wouldn't have to been over, just a thought!
    The problem is that we have a terrova which doesn't have a pull rope and I was wondering if anyone made an aftermarket bracket for it that would allow us to have one. I'm now thinking of making some type of bracket for it then buying TH marines replacement cable and attaching it to the bracket.

Post Thanks / Like

Any luck?

I am having the exact same problem with my Terrova! Love the motor, hate leaning over to put it in or pull it out of the water. For the life of me I can’t understand why Minn Kota didn’t put a handle/rope assembly on like all of my other previous Minn Kotas. Thinking about wrapping a length of Dyneema rope around the head of the motor and attaching it to an after market handle. Would that work? Need to come up with something, would love to hear if you or any of the other responders came up with an alternative. Thank you.
    Last edited by Embeeous; 05-09-2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Mispell

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought this from eBay but I only gave $20 for mine. It's not a rope but it does help.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorguide-...item3d638e109d

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 58LesPaul View Post
    I bought this from eBay but I only gave $20 for mine. It's not a rope but it does help.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorguide-...item3d638e109d
    Wow that’s an awesome idea! Do you have that on a Motor Guide or Minn Kota? Not sure if it would even matter, love it, I’m probably buying it shortly Thanks again.