I haven't looked that far ahead in the weather forecast yet as this time of year that weather forecast could change 3 times by Friday. That being said, if we get 2 inches of rain...is that all at once or spread over a couple of days. if all at once there could be some minor flooding but that would pertain to the local creeks, not the lakes.
I would expect that some of the creeks on Barkley could get some muddy water coming in....would not expect a big change on Kentucky Lake. As far as water levels...that all depends on how much water the TVA pushes through the dam...they could drop the water, keep it level or back it up.
As far as current, that would not come into play if you are fishing where you should be, and that would be in the creeks and bays. The fish are moving up shallow right now on late pre spawn and by the weekend I would expect a few on the beds. This pattern should last about 3 weeks (including this week). All the fish we caught today were up in the flowers and bushes or on staging points and banks just off the spawning areas.
As far as do you move way up if the water goes way up...that is up to you....typically if it floods during the spawn I will stick the areas where they would always be during the spawn....and let everyone else move back into the trees ect with all the snakes.
You need to watch the wind forecasts...the wind controls where you can and can't fish down here as these lakes can get really rough, really fast. Typically, if the wind is really bad, you can find somewhere to launch and keep from running the open water of the main lakes and stay safe.