Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dale Hollow

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow

Fished the Hollow Monday afternoon through Thursday fished three out of the boat 77 year old,71 year old and 70 year old we fished out of Hendricks creek Marina this was second time fishing the Hollow and had a great trip what a beautiful lake. I guess you would have to call us no count fisherman as we don't keep daily count of fish caught but I think Monday afternoon we probably caught six to eight smallmouth all 18 to 19 inches the rest of the days we caught between 10 to 18 fish mostly 17 to 19 inch small mouth a few small small mouth and about four largemouth that were in the 4lb range. We fished creeks around our area most fish were on or close to the secondary points mostly on shoal or shallow side of creek large mouths were closer to the backs of the cuts in the creeks. Saw hundred of gar didn't seem to make any difference if we had weeds or not. Our temperature was in 70's first couple days and was In 80's last two days water temperature was 67. Caught most fish on Ned rig in p&j we lost several nice fish at boat seem like they just opened there mouth and let go off bait, lost couple nice smallmouth and one big largemouth when they jumped and boy were the fish jumping and pulling hard I mean they were pulling hard it was a great fight. Water was rising had some trash and water was not very clear visibility maybe four five feet. Never saw a bed or a bloody tail. Almost perfect trip
    Last edited by roadrunner; 04-22-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great report Roadrunner! Sounds like y'all had a ball. Heading down in the morning. Be in the Sulphur Creek area but I'm sure we'll be sniffing around other places too. Gonna get some gills this time also. A week or so earlier we got into some nice ones and a few real nice shellcrackers. They weren't that many but enough where we could stink a skillet or two up. They ought to be alittle more plentiful now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I caught one nice sell cracker on Ned rig

Hope you have a great trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Can i ask what a NED rig is?

Post Thanks / Like
    1/2 senko on a jig head

Post Thanks / Like
    Shellkat... do you fish it on a football jig or swim it. The seinko flits the tail up right, so would it work on a shakeup head also? How do you work it.

Post Thanks / Like
    plain old lead round head,because where I throw it,you might not get it back

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the mushroom head it fits the rig a little better and I was mostly dragging it on the bottom was shaking it also the bite was very light if I swim it I swim it real slow. it looks like a lethargic minnow when you swim it when you grad it it looks like a minnow feeding on bottom. there are a lot of U Tubes on the Ned rig.