Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Weekend boat storage on Barren Lake?

I live near Louisville (Elizabeth, IN) and plan to fish Barren for a few days. I need to drive home one day and would like to store the boat while I'm away. Do any of the marinas offer slip rental to non-members? Are there any short-term storage places in the area? I will be staying at the State Park Lodge and using the State Park ramp, but am willing to trailer a short distance if necessary. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Barren info.

Don't worry! There's several places that will probably allow you to you leave your boat for a short time , they will probably charge you a fee, but I'm sure it will be affordable. One storage place I know of is "zacks". It's by the "Narrows" boat ramp, which you'll pass on your way to the place you're staying.Also, When you're leaving Glasgow,if you go I 65 and get off at the Glasgow exit,on your way to the park, you'll pass Barren River Outdoors,on the outskirts of Glasgow. You might stop there ,they can probably recommend someplace

Post Thanks / Like

Storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherjoe View Post
    I live near Louisville (Elizabeth, IN) and plan to fish Barren for a few days. I need to drive home one day and would like to store the boat while I'm away. Do any of the marinas offer slip rental to non-members? Are there any short-term storage places in the area? I will be staying at the State Park Lodge and using the State Park ramp, but am willing to trailer a short distance if necessary. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joe
    Hey Joe. You can leave it at my place. 20 minutes or so from the State Park. I'm kinda sorta on your way to I-65 ( if you go to exit 22). Have an enclosed metal shop building( 60 by 100 ) that I can slip you in for a day or so. Oh, and storage would be no charge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherjoe View Post

Joe
    I've done this exact thing for years at J and L Market,it's on hwy252/Barren River dam rd.Minutes from the lake.They just charge you a months rent,last time it was like 18 bucks.